Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where i could find these as far as local stores maybe lowes or home depot. my good auto parts store doesn't carry them.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Must not be a "good" auto parts store. LOL Just kiddin. Do you have any Fastener stores like mentioned above? Fastenal, Grainger, or we have a couple of mom and pop bolt stores local here that carry those.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
You'll be lucky if even Grainger has them. Thats not a common size. I have a hard enough time getting common size ones in Houston. Mainly due to I need a particular length.
McMasterCarr has it ALL. A lil pricey though.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i ordered a kit from mcmaster much cheaper then threw jegs and coming from nj so should have them tomorow thanks guys

·
Registered
825 Posts
I had the same problem. Stripped out a fuel bowl bolt. I called everywhere local. Even the machine shops around here didn't have that size. I ended up finding one on the bad side of town in some hole in the wall Auto parts store straight out of 1970.

Your probably going to have to order them.

Mine is made by Perma-Coil # 1208-102 if that helps.

:edit: I see you found them.

·
Registered
799 Posts
NAPA # is 770-3043, that's the whole kit. I stock them in my store. Not a hot seller, but with having a machine shop in house and me clumsy enough to strip threads I need to stock them.

·
Registered
17,876 Posts
Holley sells them too. The hard part is getting extra long ones so's you can run them deep, the only ones i have ever found are kinda short - 5/8ish maybe.
The really hard part is drilling and tapping them straight - if they are a whisker off you're screwed because the bolt thru the bolw is so damn long.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.