Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to put a weatherproof outlet on the outside of the trailer to power things outside instead of running a cord outside of the door and trying to shut it on it. Doesn't look like they even make an outlet for it. They make a male one. A house one is too deep. I have 1 3/4 between the walls. Also what torx bit do they use for trailers? Thanks much!!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried the #2 square worked good. How bout the outlet?

·
Registered
7,099 Posts
I just used normal outlets and placed one at each 4 corner so anybody on either side could plug into me so only 1 generator needed to run. Then just used an outside outlet cover with gasket to seal it up from the elements.

Just like this but in white to match trailer

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those are male. I was looking for female.

I suppose I can cut the end off of an extension cord to make one work. I just didn't think that this would be such a hard thing to find. lol

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just used normal outlets and placed one at each 4 corner so anybody on either side could plug into me so only 1 generator needed to run. Then just used an outside outlet cover with gasket to seal it up from the elements.

Just like this but in white to match trailer

Did you use the box around the receptacle with this?? Cause I bought the box, but it is too deep.

Can't believe no one has a female deal for trailers.

·
Registered
7,099 Posts
Did you use the box around the receptacle with this?? Cause I bought the box, but it is too deep.

Can't believe no one has a female deal for trailers.

Yes, they make shallow mount boxes that will work with the trailer wall stud thickness, should have hundreds of them at your local home center.

·
TEAM CARB
45,417 Posts
Those are male. I was looking for female.

I suppose I can cut the end off of an extension cord to make one work. I just didn't think that this would be such a hard thing to find. lol
Ya I see that now...sorry for the confusion

1 - 11 of 11 Posts