Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
That 110 LSA is not ideal for n20, but depends on other factors, i.e. intake & exhaust lift & duration, compression, amount of n20 you will be spraying, etc. Maybe others with more technical expertise on camshaft specs for n20 can comment.

·
Horsepower and Hops
4,576 Posts
I've wondered this as well. Don't want to hijack, but I have a 440ci BBC 12-1 262 272 110 SR and it seems to like the 250 or so I'm throwing at it. Anymore, and I'm guessing the tuning window would close up?

·
Registered
587 Posts
have shot a 67n through the plate with a 28 in the fogger and all has ended well many times...went from a 106 advanced 4 to a 110 advanced 4. Seemed to help. Not sure what a 112 or a 114 would have done. I dont think it matters quite as much on a smaller motor....jmo

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Lobe seperation doesnt mean anything when.it comes to a camshaft. Its a secondary number that basically just exists after the proper valve events for your combination are determined. It can be used to determibe thise events on cams that already exist.

Odds are it wont be very efficient. Cams that end up there usually have a Late EVO and more overlap than whats ideal for nitrous.

Post up your combo and the complete specs of the camshaft and a better idea can be given. The more detail you give, the better of an idea that can be given back to you.

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this is for a friend,im waiting on the rest of the info from him.Its a large cube sbf,blue thunder heads with matching intake 15.1 comp. Car runs 8.60's and he wants to know how much it will take to spray it to hopefully get into the 7's. THANKS.

·
Registered
862 Posts
What is the reason for not having as much over lap with nitrous? I have heard it's to prevent nitrous from going out the exhaust pipe. If a small percent of nitrous was to not get used due to too much over lap, couldnt you just spay the motor a touch harder to make up for it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts