Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jason - if you read this , or anyone else. I have a 31x10.5Wx15 ET Drag slick mounted on a 15x10 weld wheel. I have measured the section, tread & height. Can you tell me what will change if I go to a 15x12 wheel. This is on a 66 nova. The wheel I have now is a 15x10 with 4.5 BS & I am thinking of going with a 15X12 with 5.5 BS , adding a inch to each side. What should my numbers be for clearance. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Going to a 12" wide wheel will make the tire approx. .800" wider. It will not effect the tread or height much at all, if any.

What will be your top speed? I would try to 1" clearance side to side, and a minimum of 1.5" front to back.

Thanks,

Jason Moulton

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Going to a 12" wide wheel will make the tire approx. .800" wider. It will not effect the tread or height much at all, if any.

What will be your top speed? I would try to 1" clearance side to side, and a minimum of 1.5" front to back.

Thanks,

Jason Moulton
Looking for 1/4 mile speed in the 165-170 MPH range, 145 MPH in the 1/8. So - if I measure what clearance I have now, & subtract 1/2" off that ( inside & ouside), if I still have 1" or more , I should be OK. We ccan call that .800" an inch just for the safty side. Thanks for the info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts