Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Dick for hire
17,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whatchya got? Thinking about getting one, possibly even as a carry piece.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Had a Delta Elite and a Springer Peter Stahl 10mm. Bullets were to hard to find pre-loaded. You don't wanna' use roll your own in a carry weapon for all sorts of CSI reasons.

Both were awesome. The Peter Stahl was ported with dual extractors, you could shoot .40 S&W through it too.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I carry a Glock 29, great little gun. As already noted, ammo can be challenging but worth the effort to find / reload for this caliber.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Just be advised, having home brew or roll you own in you carry weapon can work against you in a court of law. Even is you followed all the specs and charts. Crime labs use factory loaded ammo in all the tests and reports and standards. You can be made into the "gun freak" the one that makes "special (insert title here) killer bullets" in the court. Its hard to show proof otherwise, even with logs and tables or records. That's why we couldn't use reloads in SWAT, even for long rifle stuff. We could practice with it only.

·
Registered
13,364 Posts
I had a Smith 1006 some years back. I carried it in a "Miami Classic" shoulder holster. I really like the 10mm cartridge, but my problem was that I tend to load my handgun stuff on the hot side. It's a nice round to load for.

I was afraid I was going to beat the frame to pieces, so I sold it to a buddy. I went back to carrying my .45 with factory ammo instead.

That was a nice piece, though.

·
888 Posts
I have a G29 OD and a S&W 610 3". The 10mm round has some very good ballistics and a G29 with an extended mag makes for a serious pocket hand cannon.
S.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
i have a g20 and load some decently hot stuff. It will throw 180 grain bullets about 1350fps.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Just be advised, having home brew or roll you own in you carry weapon can work against you in a court of law. Even is you followed all the specs and charts. Crime labs use factory loaded ammo in all the tests and reports and standards. You can be made into the "gun freak" the one that makes "special (insert title here) killer bullets" in the court. Its hard to show proof otherwise, even with logs and tables or records. That's why we couldn't use reloads in SWAT, even for long rifle stuff. We could practice with it only.
Just curious if you have any evidence of this actually being brought up in a trial. Everyone is aware of Ayoob "creating" this theory many years ago (when it was proven that it was only a theory and had never been an issue in an actual trial), but he had ulterior motives with his ammo sponsors. I suppose it has been mentioned enought times since then that some enterprising prosecutor may have tried it.

It could readily be argued that you carried handloaded ammo because it was what worked most accurately in a particular firearm, which helps assure hitting your target rather than a bystander. Hopefully I'm not "jinxing" myself by reporting this, but I have shot roughly 30,000 rounds of my own handloads, without a single failure. In roughly 6,000 rounds of factory ammo I have had about 6 failures (not counting rimfire).

·
Registered
730 Posts
There was a case of a guy and his wife committed suicide and his hand loads were used agaist him, not a self defense situation but none the less. I see this as no charges will be filled aginst you by the LEO at the scene but then a week later you find out the DA don't like your bullets, only cost you 60k to prove that your reloads played no part.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
There was a case of a guy and his wife committed suicide and his hand loads were used agaist him, not a self defense situation but none the less. I see this as no charges will be filled aginst you by the LEO at the scene but then a week later you find out the DA don't like your bullets, only cost you 60k to prove that your reloads played no part.
Always reload with a bullet that comes factory loaded in the case you're loading it in to keep this from happening. This type thing happening is why there needs to be some kind of recourse against DAs/judges etc when they do something senseless like this to somebody and then that person is found not guilty but is stuck with a huge lawyer bill.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
This is why the public needs to understand that when you shoot somebody the intent is to kill them making what type of bullet was a worthless point. You should never shoot anybody you don't intend to kill.

·
Premium Member
102,312 Posts
This is why the public needs to understand that when you shoot somebody the intent is to kill them making what type of bullet was a worthless point. You should never shoot anybody you don't intend to kill.
Maybe but you better not say that shit at your trial.

·
Dick for hire
17,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you ever say this in a courtroom you're going to jail. That is a bad, bad 4 letter word. Remove it from your vocabulary.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Why does everybody to assume that because something like that is said here it would be said in a courtroom too? Do you say everything you think in public too?

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
If you ever say this in a courtroom you're going to jail. That is a bad, bad 4 letter word. Remove it from your vocabulary.
This is most likely very true but it doesn't make what I said untrue. You should never shoot anybody you don't have to kill. I say in a self defense shooting you shouldn't shoot until you have to kill to stop the threat. I may be wrong but that's my story and I'm sticking to it and should be able to say that in court without worry of conviction.

I know it doesn't always work this way in court but it should. If you shoot someone in self defense, it's proven beyond a reasonable doubt that you were in fear of your life at the time of the shooting and were justified in using deadly force to defend yourself, you should be able to kill that person, say that you shot to kill in the courtroom because based on this person's actions they gave you the legal right to do so in defense of yourself and be let go right there on the spot because you had the legal right to do what you did. I know it doesn't work that way but it should.

Here's the cliff notes to how it should work:

Is it known to the court you were in fear of your life as a result of this person's actions: yes
Were you, by law, justified in using deadly force to defend yourself: yes
Verdict: not guilty
Next case please.

·
Dick for hire
17,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This is most likely very true but it doesn't make what I said untrue. You should never shoot anybody you don't have to kill. I say in a self defense shooting you shouldn't shoot until you have to kill to stop the threat. I may be wrong but that's my story and I'm sticking to it and should be able to say that in court without worry of conviction.

I know it doesn't always work this way in court but it should. If you shoot someone in self defense, it's proven beyond a reasonable doubt that you were in fear of your life at the time of the shooting and were justified in using deadly force to defend yourself, you should be able to kill that person, say that you shot to kill in the courtroom because based on this person's actions they gave you the legal right to do so in defense of yourself and be let go right there on the spot because you had the legal right to do what you did. I know it doesn't work that way but it should.

Here's the cliff notes to how it should work:

Is it known to the court you were in fear of your life as a result of this person's actions: yes
Were you, by law, justified in using deadly force to defend yourself: yes
Verdict: not guilty
Next case please.

No. You're 100% wrong here.

You do not shoot to kill. You shoot to stop.

I don't care if you ask me here, in a courtroom, on the street, in the bathroom, or while we're sitting at a bar swigging back whiskey.

You shoot to stop. Thats all there is to it.

·
Premium Member
102,312 Posts
Defense attorney: so sir your intentions were to kill my client from the begiining?

Defendant: no sir your client made me shoot him

D.A: you just said a few seconds ago you pulled your weapon with the intent to kill, do you always look for something to kill when you pull your weapon?

Defendant: no answer

D.A: sir isn't that what you said? Your honor I would like an answer

Judge: The court will wait for the defendant's answer

D.A: sir? When did you decide to kill my client? Before or after pulling your weapon?

You can make like it will be easy but you are on another planet if you think it will be.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts