Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having a problem for a while now. When I release the trans brake (3800 rpm) the car will go rich on the o2 sensor. It will drop to 11.0 af or lower then slowly come back to 12.8 at the second gear shift and stay there the rest of the run. If I lean out the jets it will 60' better (1.35) but mph less getting too lean at the top. If I richen the jets 60's go away and mph picks up. I tried play with pump shot and volume but need to have it where it is to stop hesitation on the burn out and coming up on the 2-step. I have it set right now for mph. Carb details are:
2 circut holley 1050
IAB 71
MAB 28
Idel feed .040
T slot restricted .055
jets 92/92
pump shots 31/35
emulsion are factory .026/.026/.026
It helps if I lower the front float but didn't want to go to low. I also vented the vent tubes together. I lowered fuel pressure but did nothing.
Should I play with the emulsion? Thinking about blocking the bottom bleed. Would this be worth doing? How about smaller MAB? Any other things I can look at? or ideas?

If it matters this is a pontiac engine with 12-1. Car weighs 3400lbs. Locked timing at 38. Car averages 10.00/133.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If u removed the pv, it will go rich off the hit. Put a 4.5 pv in it and 82 main jet to start. Should clean up your afr. Just went through this on a motor we had dynoed. Removing pv is old school tech. Good luck

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will try the .026 MAB and jet down before playing with emulsion.

I don't think the PV will help me much. Once I go on the 2-step carb is wide open, I don't think there will be vacuum to hold the PV closed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts