Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wondering when the main circuit starts adding fuel. Playing around with the carb on this rainy night. Took the front power valve and squared the jets.
I noticed while it was running it started dripping fuel out the primary boosters at 2000rpm. If I open secondarys only
it didn't start till 3000. Adjusted front float down a tad. Now it doesn't start dripping till 3000.
Is this where the mains start normally?
Is it affected by the mab? It's .028
Is it normal to see it drip? I thought it should be atomized not a drip of fuel.
It is a 2 circuit 1050 with stock boosters

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I don't know for sure if it matters what rpm it is. I think airflow more than anything affects it. For example, if you have the idle speed screw adjusted EVENLY on both the primary and secondary side, the speed of air through the butterflies is low since it is split among 4 holes. So you won't drip any fuel. But if the secondary is not adjusted right, and you open the primary more to get your desired idle speed, the volume and velocity of air through the primary is now enough to draw a vacuum on the booster and cause a drip. So you could effectively be on the mains sooner on the primary than the secondary.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts