Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a few different 1050 Dominators for my 505" Pontiac. I've come across HP and non-HP carbs (Prosystems and AED) and I was wondering if there's a significant advantage to the HP center? I've done a search here and I can't seem to find any info on the subject.

The car will be street driven.

4.35 bore x 4.25 stroke (IA2 block)
KRE highport heads - 380cfm/270cfm
Isky solid roller in the 260's with .650" lift
T400/9"/Ladder bars/Coil overs
'63 Pontiac Tempest 3400

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Most all of the new dominator main bodies are made smooth like the HP carburetors. They are not considered HP main bodies, just updated. The other design is just an older version. I would think any of the new professionally built carbs from Pro Systems or AED would be the smooth main body on the top. The older design also doesn't have removeable air bleeds and have to be modified to be. The HP design is just a newer design or update to the older castings. It was mainly done for improved flow into the carburetor. I think we all agree that in the big picture though, that there are alot more things to take into consideration when building a carb, so if you have the older design and want to use them as cores, you shouldn't have a problem. It will work fine. Or you can sell it and just buy a new one direct with the newer main body as the older used dominators go for about the same amount as your core would be worth anyway..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts