Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....if you're under the age of 21 and caught with a cellphone in the state of Vermont, proposes one of the state's finest. :rolleyes:

Read this article. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Maybe I'm old school or behind the times, but is this what the Democrat Party has devolved into? How in cornbread hell do people like this get elected to begin with, even in a liberal utopia like Vermont?

·
Smart Ass Conservative
100,110 Posts
They are throwing the youth vote away by kicking them in the teeth .

·
Registered
35,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are throwing the youth vote away by kicking them in the teeth .
Exactly. The logic makes no sense - Dems want the voting age lowered to age 16 but "it is clear that persons under 21 years of age are not developmentally mature enough to safely possess them". This has to be a joke courtesy of one of those fake-news websites. HAS to be. Not even a progressive Democrat can be that damn stupid. Can they? :oops:

·
Deus Ex Machina
14,449 Posts
That particular legislator maybe has shares in prisons.

It's good business return having folks locked up over there in USA.

·
Registered
13,348 Posts
Exactly. The logic makes no sense - Dems want the voting age lowered to age 16 but "it is clear that persons under 21 years of age are not developmentally mature enough to safely possess them". This has to be a joke courtesy of one of those fake-news websites. HAS to be. Not even a progressive Democrat can be that damn stupid. Can they? :oops:
Its real enough, I saw it on ABC this morning, they had a poll going and it wasn't going well.

·
Satans Daddy
13,984 Posts
The bill says such a ban would be justified because the “General Assembly has concluded that persons under 21 years of age are not mature enough to possess firearms, smoke cigarettes or consume alcohol,” according to WPTZ.

But lower the voting age to 16.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
501 Posts
I actually like what this guy is doing. I read it in the link below. He makes it clear. He says it won’t pass and he says he wouldn’t even vote for it. He’s doing it as a protest. And he’s a democrat. Which shows some of them actually do have a brain. His primary argument is mobile phones are more dangerous to under 21s than guns do why introduce laws to inhibit under 21s 2nd am rights but not restrict mobile phone use. His protest will be completely lost on the radicals. He is right but will be ignored. His point is stop infringing 2a

1 - 18 of 18 Posts