Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I kill parts
10,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried this in a similiar thread on the suprcharged forum, but didn't get anywhere, so hopefully someone in here can help.

I'm looking at stepping to a MSD 10+ system for the blown combo. I need 2-3 stages of timing control, but don't particularily need a vastly adjustable set-up like a 7531. My question is, do I need the 8979 timing control box, or will the 8975 box I have work with the 10+?

I'm currently running a 7AL-3, but happen to have an 8975 box and was just trying to get some direction. Cost is a big factor for me, thus I'm very careful about weighing my options and doing what will work best for what I can afford.

Thanks,
- Jp

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
The 8975 will work.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
have you got your 10 plus yet ???

·
mfi turbos rule
4,503 Posts
get the 8973 , and plug the 2 pin yellow wires into the modual 1 rpm chip position.
u will have 3 stages of retard, pre programmed, and a time base retard graph, that u can custom use, to input values, and once trans break 'triggers' the start of the time graph....

6 shooter has time based retard too, but not a x-y based graph

·
I kill parts
10,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
have you got your 10 plus yet ???

not yet.

ASH said:
get the 8973 , and plug the 2 pin yellow wires into the modual 1 rpm chip position.
u will have 3 stages of retard, pre programmed, and a time base retard graph, that u can custom use, to input values, and once trans break 'triggers' the start of the time graph....

6 shooter has time based retard too, but not a x-y based graph
Interesting. I have the 8975 is why I was considering using it. I'm basically looking for 3 stages time based, but since I've already got timers for tripping another control I was just going to trigger them with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts