Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a customer with ford mustang heads up car 454 sbf can run 2550lbs n/a or 2750 2 stages of nitrous.Car will have adaptor so can run chevy case.I have talked with dave klaput and am leaning towards 210 turbo 400 and think it will be faster with 3 speed.Who here has done the swap from glide to turbo and what was your gain if any,customer is on the fence about this.THANKS Ben

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
I would say with not weight deduction for the glide the 3 speed is the way to go.

HS cars get 50lb for the glide. Some say it is not enough. A glide has not won in 2-3 years

Tim

·
Registered
125 Posts
Have a customer with ford mustang heads up car 454 sbf can run 2550lbs n/a or 2750 2 stages of nitrous.Car will have adaptor so can run chevy case.I have talked with dave klaput and am leaning towards 210 turbo 400 and think it will be faster with 3 speed.Who here has done the swap from glide to turbo and what was your gain if any,customer is on the fence about this.THANKS Ben
Done it many times. The 400 has won that fight more than once. I will call a couple customers see if I can come up with some comparison data for you.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would say with not weight deduction for the glide the 3 speed is the way to go.

HS cars get 50lb for the glide. Some say it is not enough. A glide has not won in 2-3 years

Tim
I have been told the difference is .05 to.07 faster n/a, that about right. THANKS Ben

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi Ben best info I could get you from the first guy 1.80 Glide [email protected] 193.1 Th400 [email protected] 196.8 Car is Turbo Car 2650lb. He says only changes were the TH400 and converter. I gave him your e-mail maybe he will give you some more info. Not sure of the tire size I did forget to ask. The trans was spragless 400 with 2.48 1st gear with the 2nd gear brake option. He said that 6.96 was leaving in 1st gear. He is now playing with the 2nd gear leave with smaller tires. I have a couple guys I am trying to get to post info here. Guess if a combo works seems no one wants to post for public to see they want to keep it a secret.:confused:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Ben best info I could get you from the first guy 1.80 Glide [email protected] 193.1 Th400 [email protected] 196.8 Car is Turbo Car 2650lb. He says only changes were the TH400 and converter. I gave him your e-mail maybe he will give you some more info. Not sure of the tire size I did forget to ask. The trans was spragless 400 with 2.48 1st gear with the 2nd gear brake option. He said that 6.96 was leaving in 1st gear. He is now playing with the 2nd gear leave with smaller tires. I have a couple guys I am trying to get to post info here. Guess if a combo works seems no one wants to post for public to see they want to keep it a secret.:confused:
Great info keep it coming,a 2,48 huh sounds interesting every winter i want to sell my glide out of my personal turbo car but never do it.Would love to try a 400? Ben

1 - 8 of 8 Posts