Yellow Bullet Forums banner

281 - 300 of 334 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Car looks amazing, can't wait to see it done. I just bought a hatch and was wondering how you were able to get it to sit that low and fit slicks under the stock quarters like that? I'm new to building race cars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone out there know of a good start on a 10.5 outlaw chassis setup or where a person could get some info on setup up your chassis for 10.5 %'s .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Killer build, glad to see you are still fabbing... Always wondered what happened to you all after you pulled the white knight off road rig apart and didnt show back up on Pirate 4x4.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Finish is not quality enough for me to feel comfortable selling a set
I'd have to make new molds and really don't have the time currently
This composite stuff is a learning process and I really have no idea what I'm doing lol
Completely speachless on the build man, its just phenomenal!

As for the composite work, i can help you out as ive done a bunch of composites.

Im assuming your doing a hand layup, if so, you'll have better success with doing a vaccuum bagged or resin infusion layup.
Also the old school method of wax and pva doesnt make up the best finish' anymore without a perfect mold surface (wetsanding and polishing the part surface area helps the actual part finish a ton). It you look into a Semi-Permanent mold release agent (Frekote is my preferred choice) you can get some nicer parts.
With bare carbon, it helps to spray 3-4 layers of automotive clearcoat onto the mold prior to the part layup and lastly, the weight and weave of the carbon has an impact as well. I import 90% of my CF fabric from germany and use a twill weave fabric that is no more than 4.7oz/yd. its thinner and conforms more nicer to most shapes. You can also do some spread to CF that is simply stunning as well.

This is a scoop i did for a buddies Cuda before clear and polish:

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Looking forward to updates on this build!

281 - 300 of 334 Posts