Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IF we put together a 2 day race in the middle of June----whos in ??????

1/8 mile 10.5 and 8.5

1/4 mile for 8.50

Be nice to know so things could get planned

8.50 we'll do Last Man Standing to kick up the payout.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I'm in

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I'm so confused, what happened to the other OL 8.5 race we were gonna have at etown?
what are you confused about?June 15 slick tire shootout is still on the schedule.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Just realized its the middle of June to?? Regardless its still on the schedule

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Make sure you don't over lay the Atco race on June 22?

I know you said the middle of the month so it sounds good to me

68 ragtop count me in!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I really wish Etown would consider doing this in July or August. ATCO has no races in July or August. So instead of squezing this in between the atco races, which undoubtedly will decrease the car count due to budgets and time constraints, have the race when ATCO is having no heads up races. I personally would love to see a mid July race and a mid August race (August I would expect to pull a HUGE 10.5 lineup as a shakedown for the yelllow bullet nationals.) Like I had proposed a couple months ago I think a 3 race point series could be done quite easily for us at ETOWN. For example a non interfering sunday schedule for OL 10.5 & OL 8.5 would be:

July 13th - Add to the 11.50, 10.00, & 8.50 index racing already scheduled that day
August 4th - Add to the 11.50, 10.00, & 8.50 index racing already scheduled that day
October 26th - Only thing on the schedule that day is tough mudder, I would have to assume that wouldnt use the track.

I understand for a point series you need sponsors but I would think for OL 8.5 a lot of us would run for almost nothing since we are trying to grow the class. I would personally have no problem using the class entry fee as our payout. Regardless of how small it would be. You gotta make sacrafices to grow the class. Wasnt that long ago (2007 maybe) that ATCO's X275 field was on average 4 cars. Barnet being the class of the field with low 8's, one other dude in the 8's and then 2 9 or 10 second cars, and we see how fast that grew. Time to grow OL 8.5!

However if that isnt feasible why not atleast take the 1 race and schedule it July 13th or Aug 4th. I think its stupid to have one outlaw race all year there and squeeze it in when we have 2 months with no outlaw racing in NJ at all.

OL8.5TTFMF!!!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts