Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
14,895 Posts
Consensus says 18% Allen doesnt believe it. He is going against the consensus and apreading disinformation.

This free speech by allen will not be tolerated

·
Smart Ass Conservative
100,197 Posts

·
Registered
13,362 Posts
If 10K business have filed for bankruptcy this quick it is obvious they are ready to go titsup anyway and using the virus as an excuse. Its only been a few weeks for chrissake.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
The other thing is GDP growth is annualized. So -18% isnt an 18% contraction. Learn how economics works.

I still call BS on that number.

GDP is announced quarterly,,its tracked daily by experts who see trends. its a prediction fuck head. just like every country in the world announces expected GDP growth or decline for up coming months and the year .

this is a prediction,,like I said. our GDP last year was tanking from Trudeaus far left policies...1.5% is the shits

im not an internet expert like you,im in the markets...been do this for 25+ years that's why I can poke holes in all your discovery math.

maybe you should stick to finding out which obscure radio stations in Washington are Trump haters? that's about your speed

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
uh ya,,a fuck of a lot higher than the USA

heres some of the unemployment rates in Canada BEFORE this pandemic

alberta 6.7%
sask 5.2%
n Brunswick 7.2%
pei 9%
newfoundland 12.4%
Ontario 5.2%

ill update this in a week or so to see what the damage is to start with

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
GDP is announced quarterly,,its tracked daily by experts who see trends. its a prediction fuck head. just like every country in the world announces expected GDP growth or decline for up coming months and the year .

this is a prediction,,like I said. our GDP last year was tanking from Trudeaus far left policies...1.5% is the shits

im not an internet expert like you,im in the markets...been do this for 25+ years that's why I can poke holes in all your discovery math.

maybe you should stick to finding out which obscure radio stations in Washington are Trump haters? that's about your speed
You are missing the point entirely. GDP is annualized. So if statscan comes out and says its -18% at an annualized rate, that means the economy shrank an actual 4.5% or so.

On the flip side using your example of 1.5%. If statscan comes out and says GDP grew at 1.5% for 2nd quarter 2019, that means the economy actually grew 1/4 of that. So less than 0.4%.

The one poster said the economy contracted -18%. That is not true. Statscan numbers are not out. The CONSENSUS among economists is that the GDP will have dropped -18% at an annualized rate. That is what I was addressing, nothing else.

I didnt say the -18% was wrong, only that it is annualized.

Try to keep up

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
You are missing the point entirely. GDP is annualized. So if statscan comes out and says its -18% at an annualized rate, that means the economy shrank an actual 4.5% or so.

On the flip side using your example of 1.5%. If statscan comes out and says GDP grew at 1.5% for 2nd quarter 2019, that means the economy actually grew 1/4 of that. So less than 0.4%.

The one poster said the economy contracted -18%. That is not true. Statscan numbers are not out. The CONSENSUS among economists is that the GDP will have dropped -18% at an annualized rate. That is what I was addressing, nothing else.

I didnt say the -18% was wrong, only that it is annualized.

Try to keep up

you idiot,,statscan does not do this type of predicting..its from an economist who is a smart guy. you can stick your statscan up your as,,thats another reason your so fucked up with numbers. that economist predicted an economic pull back of 18% during this pandemic...he is actually under estimating in my opinion....the country is basically shut down right now,,you don't think its an 18% hit to the economy? wtf?

GDP numbers can be given at any time, from any time period...by anyone at anytime. if I want to know the GDP from ,,lets say, dec 13 2018 for the following 6 months, I can find that out quite easily . if I want to get predictions, I can also find that out.

if you wait for statscan ,,youll miss the boat on markets moving...ill bet your not into it with any amount of seriousness or dollars by the way you talk. by your thinking you would wait for statscan to tell you how much money you lost the last quarter...hahahahahah

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
I just dont get how Canada's economy can be this bad. You have the natural resources , tons of space to expand. Overall you have a young country with limited luture liabilities.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I just dont get how Canada's economy can be this bad. You have the natural resources , tons of space to expand. Overall you have a young country with limited luture liabilities.
one reason,,progressive liberal nut job policies...Trudeau

lefties can fuck up the best of places....last year a report came out that said Canadians were in serious debt and most were just two weeks from being in trouble if they lost their job,,,TWO WEEKS ,,,they couldn't last two weeks with no income,,they would lose their house and everything else

now we see that report was true,,,people are financially fucked here so fast right now because they were teetering on the edge of trouble for a long time

21 - 40 of 60 Posts