Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with some cars in the high 3 second zone at well over 200mph in the 1/8th mile now when will it be too fast for these cars on the 1/8th mile tracks ???

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Was it bumps or short shutdown and getting on the brakes hard?

·
Registered
396 Posts
No offense to any of the drivers/teams/owners/crews, but running those cars down that track with that short shutdown, especially after seeing that many cars wrecking at the end is pretty stupid. I would have packed my shit up and headed out.

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
You'de be surprised at how little some teams change their tune up (if at all) from 1/8th to 1/4.

Like who?
90% of the ADRL pro extreme guys dont run 1/4 mile
98% of the Extreme 10.5 guys dont run 1/4
Most of the nitrous guys use to, and they change the gears and thats a fact

·
Registered
746 Posts
its all about the shut down area. The track i help run is an eighth mile only but we have a pretty good amount of shut down. The fastest run we have had at the track was 2.51 jet car and he got stopped ok.

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
with the technology getting so advanced with these cars do you think they will set a ET/MPH maximum for 1/8th mile passes

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Like who?
90% of the ADRL pro extreme guys dont run 1/4 mile
98% of the Extreme 10.5 guys dont run 1/4
Most of the nitrous guys use to, and they change the gears and thats a fact
Like some Outlaw 10.5 guys (whos engine combos are very similar to XTF combos). Ever notice most of those cars are barely getting into high gear as they cross the stripe in the 1/8 (especially some screw cars)? I also think I read Bill Lutz doesn't change a thing from 1/8 to 1/4 with his turbo cars.

I, personally, never changed a thing with any of my past blower combos from 1/8th to 1/4.

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
Like some Outlaw 10.5 guys (whos engine combos are very similar to XTF combos). Ever notice most of those cars are barely getting into high gear as they cross the stripe in the 1/8 (especially some screw cars)? I also think I read Bill Lutz doesn't change a thing from 1/8 to 1/4 with his turbo cars.

I, personally, never changed a thing with any of my past blower combos from 1/8th to 1/4.

so you should say a "couple" and not most

1 - 20 of 22 Posts