Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dedenbear case Glide with 1.80 straight cut gears. Trans has approx 20 passes on it. I ran a 8.84 (1/4 mile) on Sunday and then the next pass I armed the nitrous (150 shot) and the trans came apart. Car is ~2950lb with me in it. I'm not a tranny guy, but I don't think these gears shouldn't have broke with what I'm putting on them, correct? I just pulled the pan last nite, haven't got the trans out of the car yet.

·
T/S 368E
35,211 Posts

Damn, those are usually rated a hell of a lot higher than that. Sorry to see that.
I've also had one of the 2500 HP unbreakable inputs break when a buddy borrowed my trans with a 700 hp street motor.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like I got screwed when I bought the tranny, we got it apart and found stock helical gears in it. :( That explains why they broke I guess. Thanks for everyones input.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are the broken pieces, can anyone tell if this is a stock planetary or some sort of aftermarket helical planetary?

·
Super Rod 2413
1,347 Posts
They look like stock 1.76 to me. Is the tailshaft soild. You have any picture of that? I just bought a godly 1.80 straight cut gears. I just went threw the same thing last October.

·
from across the pond...
6,961 Posts
Here are the broken pieces, can anyone tell if this is a stock planetary or some sort of aftermarket helical planetary?

whoops,that'll be a completely stock 1.76 gear set with a stock shaft and stock reverse annulus...
You've been had...
A set of Hutch's 1.80's with the cryo and iso treatment would work awesome for you...

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
8.80's? Meyer went 8.0's in his turbo stang, right? Both stock 1.76 sets..wild

Gives me peace to know that going for 9's shouldn't worry me and my 1.76.

·
Super Rod 2413
1,347 Posts
how do the godly planets hold up ? how much power have you guys thrown at them and what do your cars weigh? et's ?
My car weights 3350lbs with 750hp and I always double enter. I'll put 20 runs on it in one night. Been running it 2 years now. Foot braking and leaving off the brake. My buddy has the same gear set and has a dragster with 1100hp and he's been running it for I don't know how long. So far so good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.