Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why on friday night were they racing only eighth mile that sucks and is it gonna be like that every first friday

·
Misanthropist
3,142 Posts
1/8 mile sucks ass! Anywhere, for any reason, for any class....it just sucks as!! Especially at Milan......a track originally designed for 1/4 mile. If fuel cars can run 1/4 mile at Milan, there is no reason any other cars should "only run 1/8" it's ridiculous, lame, and most importantly, BORING AS HELL to watch!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
I know the die hard 1/4 mile fans hate it and i can understand that, but Milan did it for safety concerns and to help get the car count up in RWYB.

Alot of pro mod,top sportman type cars are only gonna run 1/8th mile,thats all their set up for so Milan is trying to get those cars there, do you think you would have seen Billy Glidden there if it was still 1/4 mile?? NOT!!

Dont be surprised to see the fri. heads up series become all 1/8th mile at some point,i would not be a fan of it but it wouldnt keep me from racing there.

·
Misanthropist
3,142 Posts
I'd rather watch bowling or golf, than 1/8th mile drag racing.
I can understand the rationale of "upping the car count", but safety reasons? What safety reasons? TF, TFFC, and even jet cars have run 1/4 mile at Milan in the past with no "safety" issues. So I don't buy that excuse.

As far as "set-up".....just like any competitor in any sport..you adjust your equipment and/or arsenal for the conditions. If you can't adjust your 1/8th mile car for 1/4.....stay in the garage down south!!

·
Misanthropist
3,142 Posts
"in the past" being the key words here. Milan is now an NHRA track, TF and FC would have to shutoff at 1000' if there was a national event there.
the physical dimensions have not changed.........

NHRA National event at Milan????? :smt082

·
Registered
238 Posts
:peeing1/8th mile

·
Registered
988 Posts
I know the die hard 1/4 mile fans hate it and i can understand that, but Milan did it for safety concerns and to help get the car count up in RWYB.

Alot of pro mod,top sportman type cars are only gonna run 1/8th mile,thats all their set up for so Milan is trying to get those cars there, do you think you would have seen Billy Glidden there if it was still 1/4 mile?? NOT!!

Dont be surprised to see the fri. heads up series become all 1/8th mile at some point,i would not be a fan of it but it wouldnt keep me from racing there.
I agree 100% I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who still likes 1/4 mile racing !!

·
Misanthropist
3,142 Posts
I agree 100% I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who still likes 1/4 mile racing !!
Here's a good exercise in YB futility:
"Top 10 Reasons 1/8th mile Drag Racing Sucks Ass":

·
Registered
855 Posts
why on friday night were they racing only eighth mile that sucks and is it gonna be like that every first friday
The only class that runs 1/8th mile on Friday Nights Heads Up Series is RWYB! Everything else runs 1/4 mile!

·
Registered
489 Posts
The safety reasons I see at Milan, is when the last 660' cool off and the dew starts to settle in. I'll bet that Milan has gone this route is the concern for safety, because fans want 1/4 mile!

·
Registered
855 Posts
1/8 mile is what you know and quarter mile is how much money you blow!

"Flux capacitor fluxing, boost knob to full power, MSD plotting dots, traction control tracking, Petty tune downloaded and wallet full of hundreds lets go quarter mile racing!":smt082:smt079:smt119:finga::smt039

·
Registered
900 Posts
in the last couple of years most of the tracks here in south and central florida have gone to 1/8 mile even west palm bch which does both . so i guess its the norm.

·
Misanthropist
3,142 Posts
It's not the phuckin' "norm"...it just some pussy ass excuse. Drag racing started as 1/4 mile, and should remain quarter mile. What's next??? Baseball with 7 innings? Football with 3 quarters? Hockey with 2 periods? It's just ridculous!
Milan is a track designed for 1/4 mile; over the years various TF, TFFC & even 300+ mph jet dragsters have been there. The physical(property) dimensions have not changed. If it has been "safe" all these years, there's no valid reason it is still not.
The only justifiable excuse I'm willing to tolerate, is to increase "car count"-- which is merely a FINANCIAL decision.

·
Registered
900 Posts
It's not the phuckin' "norm"...it just some pussy ass excuse. Drag racing started as 1/4 mile, and should remain quarter mile. What's next??? Baseball with 7 innings? Football with 3 quarters? Hockey with 2 periods? It's just ridculous!
Milan is a track designed for 1/4 mile; over the years various TF, TFFC & even 300+ mph jet dragsters have been there. The physical(property) dimensions have not changed. If it has been "safe" all these years, there's no valid reason it is still not.
The only justifiable excuse I'm willing to tolerate, is to increase "car count"-- which is merely a FINANCIAL decision.
i believe in the car count theory also.

·
Registered
7,317 Posts

Lets see some rule changes..

Baseball now has DH and play at night under lights

Football has Instant replay and challenge

Hockey , the goalie crease has changed as has goalie pad width with and they wear helmets with 4 ref's

So yes THEY ALL HAVE CHANGED

Tracks have not gotten any longer, But cars sure have gotten faster.

How fast were cars running when tracks were built ?

And yes , the tracks ARE supposed to make money to stay in business

·
Misanthropist
3,142 Posts
Lets see some rule changes..

Baseball now has DH and play at night under lights

Football has Instant replay and challenge

Hockey , the goalie crease has changed as has goalie pad width with and they wear helmets with 4 ref's

So yes THEY ALL HAVE CHANGED

Tracks have not gotten any longer, But cars sure have gotten faster.

How fast were cars running when tracks were built ?

And yes , the tracks ARE supposed to make money to stay in business
I don't liken those changes as changing the fundamental dynamics of the sport......sorry.

Okay. I'm done talking about this...I.L.I. (I've Lost Interest)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts