Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my 70 chevelle out with a 680hp bbc 4.88 gears wt at 3850 with stock rear suspention boxed lower and adj uppers 50/50 comp eng shocks anti roll bar front coil over 90/10 shocks best pass is 10.47 at 128mph with a 146 60 ft. at the 1/8 mile the car starts to slide around some time you can drive trough it some time you have to lift. the car has 29.5 /10.5 15 slicks on a 10" rim . help:(:(:(

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
How much air pressure in the tires?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
with 295 65 15 mt drag radial the car goes staight 60 ft is to inconsistant one time the car will 60 better than with the slicks the next run it will blow the tires off.

·
Registered
920 Posts
my car does the same on slicks. thats why i just stick to drag radials. its like a sunday drive. lol

·
Registered
235 Posts
Try using a stiff sidewall 29.5/10.5 especially with a car that heavy! I think MT suggests them if the car is over 3400...

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
they are stiff sidewall !the lower bars are lakewood lift bars & the upper are edelbrock adj. they have polly bush only 1 year old.

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
just got my 70 chevelle out with a 680hp bbc 4.88 gears wt at 3850 with stock rear suspention boxed lower and adj uppers 50/50 comp eng shocks anti roll bar front coil over 90/10 shocks best pass is 10.47 at 128mph with a 146 60 ft. at the 1/8 mile the car starts to slide around some time you can drive trough it some time you have to lift. the car has 29.5 /10.5 15 slicks on a 10" rim . help:(:(:(
Ididn't have any luck with poly bushings, went to solid heim joints and solid bushings. Sounds like you may have a camber issue up front.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
We run a 69 chevelle with a SB Nitrous combo and had the same issue, went to 15.5 psi in the 28 X 10.5 stiff wall slicks and the car was much more stable.

X's 2 on the alignment/camber issue.

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
I have never had luck mixing Bias with Radials, they walk around, also check the bump steer.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
the lower bars are lakewood lift bars
Does anyone else have a problem with these? What he might be experiencing is roll steer as the severe upward angle of these "lift" bars is allowing the housing to try to drive under the car rather than pushing it. I've suggested to several racers to remove these when they experienced some "skating" on the big end and their problem was cured. I'd say at close to 700 HP, it's time to get rid of these.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Does anyone else have a problem with these? What he might be experiencing is roll steer as the severe upward angle of these "lift" bars is allowing the housing to try to drive under the car rather than pushing it. I've suggested to several racers to remove these when they experienced some "skating" on the big end and their problem was cured. I'd say at close to 700 HP, it's time to get rid of these.

I was going to mention the same thing but figured I'd wait for someone else to chime in.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what should i go to ? or can i just move them up to the stock position

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
Yes get them back to the stock location. I would put a TRZ double adj. one on it so you can set wheel base and pinion angle

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
Are you the guy who hangs out with that midget Ed?

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
thats not nice mike
I'm not a nice person.

I think you should stick a 315 radial on it along with a powerglide and spray it with 2 kits. Then you can be faster than Steve!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts