Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VMP runs there street warrior class this fri. night. Pays $1,000 to win.I know we got some players on here.:party

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's the rules. Lets Race!!

2008 Street Warrior Rules & Regulations
(revised 4/24/08)
Virginia Motorsports Park reserves the right to change or alter any rule to insure safety and fair competition.
All Protests must be made before 1st Round Eliminations.

Body: Metal or fiberglass, factory stock appearing. One-piece front ends allowed.
Exhaust: Mufflers required, except on turbos. No Collector Mufflers
Firewall: Modifications for distributor clearance only.
Frame: Rear frame may be modified or replace from the bottom radius of the firewall to the rear of the car.
Front End Modifications: Bolt on accessories only.
General:Reserved for any manufactured car of which 500 units have built and are showroom available. Heads up, pro start, first to finish wins. Start Line Info: 400 Pro Tree, Autostart (settings: 0.5, 0.3, 7.0), Courtesy Staging Enforced. 1/8 Mile Finish Line. Eight Car Field. No Crew person allowed past scales unless accompanied by Track Official. All entries must weigh in at scales after each Qualifying and Elimination round contested. Towing Allowed from scales to pits only track determination. A qualified field will consist of tech-approved cars. Qualified field will be on a Pro Ladder based on ET. If a qualified car fails to make 1st round call, the first alternate will be inserted into the field.
Glass: Original Equipment Windshield.
Interior: Carpet, headliner, door panels, dash mat, and 2 seats are required.
Lights: Headlights, taillights, and running lights are required.
Power Adder:
Nitrous Cars: Any combination – no penalty.
SUPERCHARGER & Intercooler: 150 lb Penalty.
TURBO & INTERCOOLER: 300 lb Penalty.
Tires: All Tires must be measured by gauge.
Rear Tires: 10.5” Slick Measured, 30” Tall Maximum. No W’s Allowed
12.0” DOT Measured.
12.0” Radial Measured.
Weight: Small Blocks – 2800 lbs. with Driver
Big Blocks – 3200 lbs. with Driver
Naturally Aspirated – 200 lb. Weight Break
V-6 – 200 lb. Weight Break
Stock Suspension Car – 50lb Weight Break
Car Must meet NHRA Rules according to speeds.
Entry Fee: $60.00 with 2 Crew Member Free
Purse: Winner- $1,000 Runner-Up- $350 #1 Qualifier - $150 *NO ROUND MONEY PAID.

Street Warrior Race Dates:
Fridays Sundays
April 18th Qualifying @ 7:00pm
May 18th Qualifying @TBA
June 6th Qualifying @ 7:00pm
November 2nd Qualifying @ TBA
August Qualifying @ 7:00pm

September 26th Qualifying @ 7:00pm

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Chris, what kind of times do they run in this class?

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
5.12 has been the fastest this year! A sb nos car ss has won all three races so far!!!!

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Did you get the e-mail I sent?

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
BOUNTY HUNTER

i will come down oo thats right they don't want twins there.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I thought they had a rule aganst dry sump oil systems. Did they take that out or am i missing it.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
I thought they had a rule aganst dry sump oil systems. Did they take that out or am i missing it.
Dry sump is legal at the SB Nitrous 275 race at MIR on the 14th!

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is timmy gayle coming down with A-1 speed? Not sure about the dry sump system! I'll see what i can find out.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
sorry that was true street that had the dru sump rule

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I talked to marc at vmp today and dry sumps are legal.Sorry not to see the silver conv. at vmp,thats a good running car. Glad to see ben back out.:cool:

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Attention Ladies, Match Race Lovers

Friday August 22nd
JC Richardson vs “Pluck”

Bill Harris vs Michael Martin

New Feature Match Race Added
Tim Essick vs Mark Reese

VMP is at it again on Friday August 22nd with its second ladies night of 2008. Once again all ladies will receive free admission to an action packed night of racing, music and partying. To show our appreciation, the first 300 ladies through the gate will receive a free red rose. In addition to VMP’s “Friday Night Street Wars” will once again be the High Roller Match Races featuring seven second cars competing heads up in the quarter mile. The four car field welcomes back JC Richardson and the OSBA’s Bill Harris along with new challengers Pluck and VMP Outlaw King Michael Martin. Richardson will meet Pluck in the opening round while Harris squares off with Martin. Whoever survives this four car battle will be awarded a match race with July 25th High Roller Match Race winner “Slim” at the Rodney Jones Fall Bash on September 13th. Back by popular demand will be old school and new school music tearing up the midway as “Wolfman” John spins your favorite oldies and DJ Eric throws down the hottest new jams. Spectator parking inside the gate is only $3 but space will be limited so get here early to avoid the long walk.

posted: Tuesday, August 05, 2008 :supz:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts