Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a UPR k-member kit on my 93 GT with regular length a-arms and Aerospace "vented" drag brakes, when i put a friends 2.25bs one piece Magnum on it seemed like it stuck out a little like if I came down from a wheel stand it might rub the fender lip. I also have UPR 1" short a-arms and i was thinking if i put those on with a 1.75 front runner that shoud move the wheel in a half an inch more than the regular length arm with a 2.25 wheel right? Also i dont think the vented style drag brakes puts the wheel out any farther than a regular drag brake. Does the 1" shorter arm mess with caster/camber or can that be corrected with my adj. plates? I do not want the wheel tucked in far like some cars I dont like that look. If you guys can post some pics of regular length arms and 1" short arms and tell what wheel bs and brake you are running that would be great!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I believe the vented brakes require a spacer to clear the caliper, 1/2 inch. which will push the tire/rim out that same distance. the drag brakes do not require a spacer. I think your best bet would be 1 inch shorter A arm with 2.25 b/s. that is what i have and the tire just clears the fender lip.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The magnum and alumastar clear with out spacers, and if i run a 1.75 with a 1" short arm that will put me half an inch in farther that a stock length and a 2.25.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts