Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
green to go
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when going from a 1.5 to 1.6 , how much would this affect the valve springs as far as pressure , wear , etc...? i put a little (real little for this site) 355 together for my model a ..... small 420/442 204/214 hyd cam , dish piston , and a pair of later 350 1.94 truck heads (year before vortecs...but those may end up on there) performer rpm intake ( a little big for this combo , but it was on the shelf) hei , and a 600 holley.....my thinking , this thing should be a fun little torquey motor in my coupe.... reality , its a slug.... just a little lazy and doesn't pull hardly to 5k.....could the 1.6's be killing this thing that much or are the springs just not stout enough to work with the 1.6's...? any ideas ? thanks brandon

·
Registered
251 Posts
It sounds like a practically stock motor to me. Try and run as agressive timing curve as detonation will allow and play with the fuel mixture. If the tune up doesn't make thing lively enough bumping the cam to .470 lift / 236 degree @ .050 will help.

·
green to go
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup...pretty much stock. i figured the 1.6's would bump up the lift , plus i had them on the shelf. i drive it daily and wasn't looking for anything big and nasty , but this little motor should have put this car deep in the 12's;)....instead its stuck in the same range it was in last year. might be time to throw some msd at it.....

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
On most SBC applications installing 1.6 rockers on the exhaust side has negative results. Put the 1.5's back on the exhaust side and see if it helps.

Blessings............Ron.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts