Yellow Bullet Forums banner

I think most of us would agree they are good guys...But that being said lets see

1 - 20 of 347 Posts

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Good question. But until I know the details how can I say?

I could just base a comment on speculation, or better yet hearsay... but I won't.

Innovator... maybe.

Dumbass for leaving a race without managing a tech inspection well.. definitely.

g

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
Meh, if it wasn't previously mentioned it'll be outlawed once he tells what the secret is.

·
Tellin' it like it is
9,830 Posts
I think it steps over the line of innovation. Using nitrous in an application where it is explicitly banned is cheating, black and white.

·
Greg Zoetmulder
1,951 Posts
Man......there's allota people pissed about this!!!! I really cannot believe this happened. That car was at our shop a few times to get stickered and they were NEVER looking over our heads keeping an eye on us. They seem like really good people.
I hope this all clears up on whatever really happened!!!!!!!

·
Registered
431 Posts
I think it steps over the line of innovation. Using nitrous in an application where it is explicitly banned is cheating, black and white.
I have no dog i this fight and do not know them but do you know for a fact that nitrous was used? I don't think they did the right thing of leaving but it sounds like it was a bad deal all around from all parties.

·
Registered
12,147 Posts
How about you add one more selection "Not enough information to make a solid decision"

·
Registered
12,147 Posts
sure there is, he left the track refusing to get inspected.
Personally I agree. If ya had a true secret that was legal and to be kept "safe" tell the inspectors to look at the car in a more private place, not refuse.

I suggested the 3rd option because I believe ALOT of people would select it over the other two. Could be wrong though.

·
Registered
552 Posts
People with nothing to hide, hide nothing!

Leaving after refusing Tech Insp = Priceless admission of guilt!

·
Confused Racer
42,091 Posts
That does not mean he was cheating. If I remember right a some of IHRA prostocks left a race because of tears down does that mean they were cheating? Some big names involved also.
No but it does appear that way. When you go to a race you automaticlly agree to the rules. If your in the middle of a tear down and somebody sees your *secret* and you leave that pretty much sums up suspicion.

Didn't somebody post this scenerio up already? No officer i'm not drunk and i refuse to take your breathalzer test.......

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
But there is still the option of they let them inspect, thinking it would be quick and easy, then found out they were getting a motor pulled. So they decided no go as they have been inspected how many times in the past? I could see getting pissed about full inspections.
They could have been hiding something too, I dont know. I think I will be sitting on the fence as there is a lot of lack of information.

1 - 20 of 347 Posts