Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
9,067 Posts

·
Registered
9,067 Posts
Can you elaborate? What is your experience with the Isky stuff that makes you say this?
Contrary to what Mr JAFO says,
Isky has a sizing problem and can't seem to grind a lifter body straight or round, I just took a new set out of a sbc with the EZ Max bushed lifter, $1250 set of lifters and they measured .0025 on taper and out of round
Top measured .902 bottom measured .8995
Not good for lifter bores or oiling.
When you try to have lifter bore clearances of .0015- .0018 how man you manage that with a lifter like that?? You can't.
I stand by my statement, you don't want them.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I don't .....
I've recently been using BAM lifters..
Sizing is spot on.
And still no issues with BAM? In your opinion, when using an old stock block (cleveland), even if the lifter bores measured O.K. would it still be necessary to bush the lifter bores to get proper oil control with BAM, or Morel lifters?

·
Registered
9,067 Posts
I haven't had one single issue with the BAM lifters I've used, sizing was all perfect, and no oil control issues either.
I would think you'd be fine running them, either Morel or BAM without a bushing as long as the clearances are right.

·
Registered
14,581 Posts
And still no issues with BAM? In your opinion, when using an old stock block (cleveland), even if the lifter bores measured O.K. would it still be necessary to bush the lifter bores to get proper oil control with BAM, or Morel lifters?
I agree with Ron. If the bores are good and clearance within spec, no need for bushings.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Contrary to what Mr JAFO says,
Isky has a sizing problem and can't seem to grind a lifter body straight or round, I just took a new set out of a sbc with the EZ Max bushed lifter, $1250 set of lifters and they measured .0025 on taper and out of round
Top measured .902 bottom measured .8995
Not good for lifter bores or oiling.
When you try to have lifter bore clearances of .0015- .0018 how man you manage that with a lifter like that?? You can't.
I stand by my statement, you don't want them.
You are living in the distant past.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Thanks Ron and Scott, that's what I needed to know. I'm not against bushing, It's actually a great way to control the oil to the top end on a cleveland, I was more concerned with oil feed with high lift cams and reduced base circles and the lifter oil hole coming out of the oil galley and certain lifters needing bushings to oil properly. I've had an issue with my oil pressure dropping/fluctuating if I hold the rpm at 3000 for 30 seconds or so using Isky red zone needle bearing lifters (solid roller). Possibly windsor lifters rather than cleveland specific? When I prime it all pushrods oil without turning the engine. I also had a needle fail after 10+ years and with the sizing issues rather than rebuild them I'm looking at getting GS, Morel or BAM, I assume Jessel will be too costly for me. I'll be around 800 lift and 780 lbs.

·
Registered
9,067 Posts
Jesel or Morel. Spend it once, or spend it twice.
You should check out BAM's lifter with the steel DLC coated bushing....
Badass lifter and not one failure since 2016 when they were released.
I have 4 sets in service right now...
Also seen pics of some sets with 1350+ 1/4 mile passes on them....
Looked brand new.

·
Registered
9,067 Posts
Thanks Ron and Scott, that's what I needed to know. I'm not against bushing, It's actually a great way to control the oil to the top end on a cleveland, I was more concerned with oil feed with high lift cams and reduced base circles and the lifter oil hole coming out of the oil galley and certain lifters needing bushings to oil properly. I've had an issue with my oil pressure dropping/fluctuating if I hold the rpm at 3000 for 30 seconds or so using Isky red zone needle bearing lifters (solid roller). Possibly windsor lifters rather than cleveland specific? When I prime it all pushrods oil without turning the engine. I also had a needle fail after 10+ years and with the sizing issues rather than rebuild them I'm looking at getting GS, Morel or BAM, I assume Jessel will be too costly for me. I'll be around 800 lift and 780 lbs.
I will say I wasn't a fan of the .040 wide by .200 long slot the ez max bushed lifter had to feed the bushing, plus a .045 hole on each side of the wheel.... Huge... HUGE oil leak....

1 - 20 of 59 Posts