Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says. I got a bg220 return style pump and regulator set the fuel psi in drive way to like 8psi when i start driving it holds around 6 1/2 to 6 psi for about 5 min the drops to zero?!?!? i checked inlet,outlet,filter, adjusted the regulator about 20times any one else had this problem? Thanks in advance:rolleyes:

·
RED ROCKET
8,630 Posts
does the pump stop running?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Had an issue like this awhile back. Turned out to be a cheap fuel pressure gauge. Swapped in a better gauge and was good to go.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
has a jegs 2 5/8 gauge also pump stays running! The vent problem is what i was thinking Im planing on taking it for a ride in the a.m. with cap off and see if that solves it :smt115

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
took it for a ride with cap off same fuckin problem return does come in at top of tank. weird thing is i can just cycle the key once and fuel psi comes back. so im gonna bypass fuel pump relay see if that might be problem? if the fuel was areated wouldnt i see that in the float bowls?

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
took it for a ride with cap off same fuckin problem return does come in at top of tank. weird thing is i can just cycle the key once and fuel psi comes back. so im gonna bypass fuel pump relay see if that might be problem? if the fuel was areated wouldnt i see that in the float bowls?
No you wouldn't, it only affects the fuel pickin it up, can't pump air.....Needs that pipe to bottom of tank.....

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I work on quite a bit of equipment with returns right in top of tank but thats all diesel, ill give that a try possibly a line sucking shut? they are all brand new? if the fuel was areated wouldnt it still have shit for fuel psi if i cycled the key without waiting?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts