Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never one for a freebee, never had a factory recall for a truck or car I didn't buy new.......So if I want to see if the injectors were ever done I just call and ask????? Or can I do an on line vin search somewhere? I guess my other question would be if I gave them the vin would they give me a complete history of what was done by the dealer to the truck......????

·
Registered
288 Posts
if you know someone at a dealership....they can....i dont know if you can do it on your own...i would say probally....as far as the lb7....if you will put a water seperator on it ....the enjector problem will stop....the filter that is used does not stop the water and that is what cause the rust and the oxidation on the injector....you can buy rebuilt injectors out of panama city fla....i can not remember the name of the company but i think the last ones that i bought cost me 229 each....and they are still going strong...but i also put on the seperator....have a friend of mine who put one on his right at 100,000 when gm replaced the enjectors and he now has a little over 223 on his truck and has not had anymore problems....freak or not i dont know but the seperator cost me 500 and that is the price of 2 injector so if it works ....great if not well i just lost that

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
if you know someone at a dealership....they can....i dont know if you can do it on your own...i would say probally....as far as the lb7....if you will put a water seperator on it ....the enjector problem will stop....the filter that is used does not stop the water and that is what cause the rust and the oxidation on the injector....you can buy rebuilt injectors out of panama city fla....i can not remember the name of the company but i think the last ones that i bought cost me 229 each....and they are still going strong...but i also put on the seperator....have a friend of mine who put one on his right at 100,000 when gm replaced the enjectors and he now has a little over 223 on his truck and has not had anymore problems....freak or not i dont know but the seperator cost me 500 and that is the price of 2 injector so if it works ....great if not well i just lost that
You are right about the water/rust, I just change my fuel filter evey 10k miles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts