Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any known problems or TSB's on them, and did they fix the trans problem with them?
My wife found one she wants and I want to know of any major problems with them.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Gauge clusters were recalled...but even after recall, still have gauge function troubles. Have run across a few with elec. draw...bad stereo amps. Radio unit failures. The battery hold downs in the keyfob/ keys break off. Control module failures. Wiper motor problems. None of this stuff is particulalry $$ if you can handle the work yourself it can just add up to a bunch of pain in the ass. On a positive note, they tow great with the 5.7 and really the 4.7 is no slouch either. Very roomy inside. Not trying to be a dick here but having worked at a dodge dealership since 02...the newer durangos are not my favorite vehicle.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gauge clusters were recalled...but even after recall, still have gauge function troubles. Have run across a few with elec. draw...bad stereo amps. Radio unit failures. The battery hold downs in the keyfob/ keys break off. Control module failures. Wiper motor problems. None of this stuff is particulalry $$ if you can handle the work yourself it can just add up to a bunch of pain in the ass. On a positive note, they tow great with the 5.7 and really the 4.7 is no slouch either. Very roomy inside. Not trying to be a dick here but having worked at a dodge dealership since 02...the newer durangos are not my favorite vehicle.

Thanks
It is a 4.7 with 45,000 miles on it and the price is real good on it, just pay off of $5500. I will have to find out more about it, the wife is set on a Durango.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
lets see: very poor fuel mileage,ball joints, a/c heater , window regulators, trans failures, uhm forgot anything? Birdtracker

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
No balljoint trouble...at least not very common. That is a good price/deal for a 4x4 Fuel mileage is not attrocious. 45k is nothing for a 4.7L. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lets see: very poor fuel mileage,ball joints, a/c heater , window regulators, trans failures, uhm forgot anything? Birdtracker

Had all that shit to deal with on her 05 Tahoe, and the durango should get better gas mileage than the tahoe.

·
Registered
692 Posts
one of the things I have encountered is that when you fill it up, instead of stopping when the tank if full, it sloshes gasoline out. Thought we had it fixed on the recall, but still does it.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
one of the things I have encountered is that when you fill it up, instead of stopping when the tank if full, it sloshes gasoline out. Thought we had it fixed on the recall, but still does it.

Had not heard that one. Thanks

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
girl i know has brought hers over a few times for turn signals not working. was a flasher. a/c compressor leaking. ball joints bad.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Going to have my mechanic check it out today, and have him run the vin for me. I already ran a carfax on it and that came back clean, and was told that all the recall stuff has been done. Will see what happens, and thanks for the help.

·
Registered
147 Posts
make sure the 4.7 is not too sludged up and it was maintained properly. they re fafous for tossing the rod and buttom end issues

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you want I can also get you the options list etc with the vin. check recalls, etc. last nine digits is all i need

I will see what we come up with on it, then I will let you know. Thanks.

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
Everything chrysler makes has electrical issues. The trans problems are getting better unless its a caravan. They still suck.

Personally I wouldn't buy a durango. The new 1500 pickup with a hemi is the only product I would own from Dodge.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Everything chrysler makes has electrical issues. The trans problems are getting better unless its a caravan. They still suck.

Personally I wouldn't buy a durango. The new 1500 pickup with a hemi is the only product I would own from Dodge.

I will see how it checks out, and a 04 with 45k on it for $5,500.00 is not that bad of a deal.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts