Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to help out a good friend of mine with his 04 Cobra that is having some traction issues. The car has tubular front suspension, 90/10's, and skinnies up front and in the rear it has a solid axle conversion , tubular uppers and lowers, 50/50's and some 32-50 MT radials.

I really want to try to make this car work with the radials if possible but I have a feeling that it is going to be a chore LOL.

The car is making a little over 600rwhp and it has a TKO 600 in it.

At the track last week with the tires having everywhere from 15 to 20 psi in them the car was wanting to wheel hop a little off the line. He could only launch the car at around 2500rpm's, any higher and it would just blister the tires bad.

I am no suspension guru but I can turn a wrench. If any of you can point me in the wright direction as to what are the best parts to get for it and a good place to start with the pinion angle and such I would greatly appreciate it.

BTW, the car is VERY heavy. The driver is a big ol' boy. Stock weight with a 6 point cage and a driver that is over 350lbs.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
833 Posts
vids of the car leaving? What springs are on the front? What springs and shocks are out back? What is the weight bias? Are you running an anti-roll bar? What clutch is in the car? What gear?

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have a vid of it but I'll take one next weekend at the track.

I'll have to ask the owner for about the other stuff on the car. I do know that it doesn't have an anti roll bar yet. I already told him that he would probably be needing to get one.

Clutch is a Spec stage 5 I think. It is pretty hard to slip, it's like a switch, either off or on. I believe it has 3.73's in it...

Thanks

·
Registered
833 Posts
Yeah the stage 5 is def going to be hard to tune around my DFX hits the tires to hard, I can't believe how hard a stage 5 has to hit!

·
Registered
471 Posts
good luck radials with a stick shift car blows dick! try to do a search on f8lsnake on here hes good friend of mine he has same combo and has experience with a radial on a cobra he has had a fit with his but believe he keeps the DR's for street use only now

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, I know it's not going to be easy. I'd just rather see him be able to keep the radials if at all possible.

He's got a friend with some adjustable rea shocks that he is going to borrow. What anti roll work best for those cars?

·
Registered
833 Posts
If hes running tailpipes teamZ is the only option. But if hes dumped Wolfe, TeamZ, TRZ, etc, etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts