Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys. I got a 96 cobra and blew the engine with the procharger.
d1. I bought a 03 cobra dropout. less blower. Im gonna put the d1 on it. I wanna make around 700 If posible. Maybe should i change the pistons in it?? And should i use a glide or a c4/th350 trans with brake?? Kinda scared the glide will rob some E.T but dont really know. 1/8 mile racing only. 8.8 with 4.30 gears

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
put a big whipple or kenny bell on it or even a turbo kit...those things make tons of mid range torque..you dont have to change anything in the motor to make 700 hp....my buddy has a cobra conv. that weighs 3200lbs with a bone stock cobra longblock ford crate motor with a turbo and made 900 rwhp that has a glide and a 3.27 gear and ran 8.80's at pinks in charlotte a few weeks back.

·
Registered
49,432 Posts
Get a mach 1 32v intake. The B head intake will not fit. The stock short blocks are very reliable at around 750hp flywheel. Beyond that is seems to be a hit miss affair.

·
Registered
132 Posts
700HP is easy with a 03 stock shortblock. Hpp made 1020rwhp using a stock 03 long and there have been many people make 700plus with them. Like collinsautomotive said if you run the procharger get a mach 1 intake. v62go is right about going kb or whipple! I just sold my kb 03 cobra last year. The downside to the procharger cobra was they would make 70-80 more whp to trap the same thing the kb/whipple cars did.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just already have the d-1 so i was trin to save alittle money. I gotta buddy thats got one with a 3.4 whipple on it. It makes good power but thats alot more money i could put somwhere else at this time. Ill prob do it in the long.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts