Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I JUST PICKED UP A 02 JEEP LIBERTY 3.7 V6 AND NEEDS A MOTOR WHEN I LOOK THEM UP IT SHOWS THAT 02 AND 03 MATCH YOU WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THOSE YEARS AND THE 05 AND 06?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
02-3 has the first generation computer and 04 and up is 2nd gen. The tone ring on the crank (not removable), cam gear/reluctor, block, heads etc. A whole lot of differences. Our customers have ordered the engine for the wrong year vehicle and got it installed and had to pull it and pay restocking and get the correct engine. We sell them like crazy and keep them in stock. Go to factoryengineexchange.com

Reman long block is $2499.00 with complete gasket set
$2799.00 with complete gasket set, oil pan & timing cover

They carry a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty that covers parts and labor.

Don
800-764-5040

·
Registered
893 Posts
02-3 has the first generation computer and 04 and up is 2nd gen. The tone ring on the crank (not removable), cam gear/reluctor, block, heads etc. A whole lot of differences. Our customers have ordered the engine for the wrong year vehicle and got it installed and had to pull it and pay restocking and get the correct engine. We sell them like crazy and keep them in stock. Go to factoryengineexchange.com

Reman long block is $2499.00 with complete gasket set
$2799.00 with complete gasket set, oil pan & timing cover

They carry a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty that covers parts and labor.

Don
800-764-5040
the tone ring is removable and can be changed to the 02.the cam gear can also.it's not fun,i'm one of those people that made it work.i put a 05 in a 02 and learned the hard way.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Why does it need a motor?
They have a reputation for blown head gaskets and spiting out rocker arms (so does the 4.7L), but both are easy fixes.

Working on a Dodge Nitro that has the same troubles right now.

I've seen engines replaced for really minor stuff. But I think if it can be fixed, fix it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts