Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 2755 Posts

·
Registered
36,091 Posts
Yikes. Boat anchor heavy AND pathetic. They probably should have kept this under wraps until someone comes up with something promising.
A complete 350 iron-head SBC weighs 575; figure 50 less for aluminum heads. So a 445-inch iron block engine that weighs the same is a boat anchor? Besides, while it might wind up in the hands of hot rodders it was designed to be a Super Duty truck motor for those who don't need the $10,000 Powerstroke option. I say let 'em unwrap it.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Yea, but that's with 378ci! Oh wait, that's less ci than the 445ci one.......
376ci!!

Here's another 6.2 with a mild cam. 575 with a truck intake. 620 with a tunnel ram. They better find 100hp in that 7.3 in a hurry if we're to take it seriously.

·
Registered
11,577 Posts
A complete 350 iron-head SBC weighs 575; figure 50 less for aluminum heads. So a 445-inch iron block engine that weighs the same is a boat anchor? Besides, while it might wind up in the hands of hot rodders it was designed to be a Super Duty truck motor for those who don't need the $10,000 Powerstroke option. I say let 'em unwrap it.
The Coyote was impressively light IMO.

·
Registered
8,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Guys guys we get that there are plenty of high powered LS engines. (I notice you aren’t giving me 5.3 examples though)

Look let me break this down for you. Stock for stock the 7-3 equals the mighty LS7 in terms of horsepower and probably out torques it all the while both measurements are at a lower rpm.

This universally admirable engine that very simply picks up where the LS leaves off.

Don’t hate on this. You got no reason to. Just love on it. This is universal horsepower for everybody!

·
Registered
11,577 Posts
Guys guys we get that there are plenty of high powered LS engines. (I notice you aren’t giving me 5.3 examples though)

Look let me break this down for you. Stock for stock the 7-3 equals the mighty LS7 in terms of horsepower and probably out torques it all the while both measurements are at a lower rpm.

This universally admirable engine that very simply picks up where the LS leaves off.

Don’t hate on this. You got no reason to. Just love on it. This is universal horsepower for everybody!
This is where your blinders come on. I for one, don't hate this thing. In fact, I think it's a great deal for any Ford guy who doesn't a diesel. However, I don't buy into your fantasy land that this is the king/be all end all that you pretend it is.
BTW, why are you asking for 5.3 examples? Is there a reason you feel the need to compare a 7.3/445ci , to a 5.3/323ci deal? I would HOPE that something N/A stock for stock, with about 120ci, would make more power.

·
Registered
8,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Yea, but that's with 378ci! Oh wait, that's less ci than the 445ci one.......
I do have to laugh though. I wonder how many of these guys praising the 7.3, were also the ones who swore pushrod V8's were antique tech when Ford said they were....
.......and you’ve been singing the praises of GM pushrod V8’s for a long time I’ve noticed. Does that mean you should automatically hate on the new Caddy/Corvette DOHC V8 as well?

·
Registered
8,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
What c
This is where your blinders come on. I for one, don't hate this thing. In fact, I think it's a great deal for any Ford guy who doesn't a diesel. However, I don't buy into your fantasy land that this is the king/be all end all that you pretend it is.
BTW, why are you asking for 5.3 examples? Is there a reason you feel the need to compare a 7.3/445ci , to a 5.3/323ci deal? I would HOPE that something N/A stock for stock, with about 120ci, would make more power.
The 5.3 is the most prolific LS engine by far. All those J/Y specials seem to be 5.3’s outta Silverados that have been junked.

How many LS3’s can be found CHEAP in a junkyard?

·
Registered
11,577 Posts
.......and you’ve been singing the praises of GM pushrod V8’s for a long time I’ve noticed. Does that mean you should automatically hate on the new Caddy/Corvette DOHC V8 as well?
I have? Just because I run GM, I "sing praise" of them? Damn, and here I thought you had some rational thought....

·
Registered
11,577 Posts
What c

The 5.3 is the most prolific LS engine by far. All those J/Y specials seem to be 5.3’s outta Silverados that have been junked.

How many LS3’s can be found CHEAP in a junkyard?
Probably as many, or more, than a 7.3. So is that now your next excuse? You can only compare the 7.3 to engines that MAY be plentiful in junkyards?

·
Registered
8,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
LMAO! One liter isn't enough! Spot me 2!! I'm rooting for this thing, I really am. You just make this too easy!
Dude! Do you understand the basic principles of hot rodding? You obtain the biggest most powerful engine you can afford and the place it in the lightest most competitive chassis you can get your hands on.

You can’t go squawking about being 2 liters down when the “universal” gas engine of the future is coming on line and soon will be widely available.

21 - 40 of 2755 Posts