Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 2681 Posts

·
Registered
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ladies and gentlemen I present to you the first performance dyno numbers provided by the Universal 7-3.

They are good. The line to get one of these Universal 7-3’s forms over there to the left.

Make engine swapping great again!

·
Registered
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump, for all the sleepy heads.
Power this awesome should be universal and shouldn’t be a secret.

·
Registered
11,524 Posts
I think this is a good gas engine, but let's be realistic here...
"Power this awesome"? It's 445ci. With a cam swap, billet looking intake, and port work to the aluminum heads, it made 580HP. That's not "awesome power" to me. Pretty cool, but geesh, this is like pretending it's some crazy feat to make 1,000HP with 600ci......

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Yikes. Boat anchor heavy AND pathetic. They probably should have kept this under wraps until someone comes up with something promising.

·
Registered
15,328 Posts
I think this is a good gas engine, but let's be realistic here...
"Power this awesome"? It's 445ci. With a cam swap, billet looking intake, and port work to the aluminum heads, it made 580HP. That's not "awesome power" to me. Pretty cool, but geesh, this is like pretending it's some crazy feat to make 1,000HP with 600ci......
What's the weight of a iron block 5.3 ls?

·
Señor Member
27,957 Posts
Well ladies and gentlemen I present to you the first performance dyno numbers provided by the Universal 7-3.

They are good. The line to get one of these Universal 7-3’s forms over there to the left.

Make engine swapping great again!

Now I see why old school Henry loves the 7.3. Cause it uses a Coffman engine starter like back in the day.

? ? ?

·
Registered
15,328 Posts
Not sure what to tell you then. What are we talking about weight for again?
You seem to be the most unbiased chevy fan.
Since somebody wanted to claim the 7.3 as a heavy pig, I invited you to reveal what a cast iron ls weighs.
I was paying you a compliment.

·
Señor Member
27,957 Posts
There's a mopar fanatic on You Tube that loves this engine.
Normally hates anything Ford.
Uncle Tony's Garage?

Oh you mean the guy who's name we all came to know after he bought a Mustang? Yeah...he hates Furds. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The thing made something like 560 hp with the stock intake and compression.

You guys must be really spoiled since that’s more than any other factory pushrod engine I know of with just a cam swap.
If there is anything close I highly doubt they came close as quickly as this universal engine upgrade.
What do you guys smoke anyways? Cuz y’all high!

·
Registered
11,524 Posts

You guys must be really spoiled since that’s more than any other factory pushrod engine I know of with just a cam swap.
If there is anything close I highly doubt they came close as quickly as this universal engine upgrade.
Just to clarify, from the beginning, the video stated "headers, optimized tune, knock free fuel". Then to make the 560, it says "add: new cam, sealed intake"
So, I'm curious, what's the "optimized tune"? Is it an E85 tune, because the "knock free fuel" makes me wonder what fuel they are using. And what's a "sealed intake"?
But again, to make sure we are on the same page, that 560 was made with headers, tune, "knock free fuel", cam, and whatever "sealed intake" means. Numbers are nice, but there's probably a good chance a 6.6 gasser can do the same. Just to be honest.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts

Uhh.. gm 6.2 has been doing that and better for over a decade with 70 less cubes.. Plus, If you really want to talk any other factory pushrod engine don't forget the ls7. Both of these engines are somewhere around 150 lbs lighter... An aluminum 6.2 long block can be had for $1500-2000. Yes, it's early on, but can you see how we're spoiled?

1 - 20 of 2681 Posts