Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is a typo and not truly as noted.
Surely this is a “seized" vehicle. But hey
weird things happen!

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
Also the car needs MAJOR work. From another site I'm on with someone who actually LOOKED over this car:

"Ian and I inspected this car in person last Saturday, as it is located just a few miles from his home and he was very interested.

To say it is a major project is an understatement; needs nearly all body panels, floor boards and much more. Has an old shiny paint job that hides much in the pictures. Ian was "in" at 25k, which we agreed was ALL the money. It is a real R4 red RS27, meaning 440 GTX convertible, but is a column automatic.

So doing the math; 25k + minimum of 50k for a driver quality resto + fees puts it at about 80k. Sounds like 80k in a 50-60k car to me.

Trust me...she is a MAJOR project and whoever the high bidder is now is in for a huge surprise!"

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Sounds sketchy as hell.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, great info Mr. Nova, thanks!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
18,870 Posts
I think its BS. Sure does not look like the car is in a police/city impound yard from the pics, plus all the dust on it says it was inside a building/garage

EDIT...MPS Nova seems to have first hand info, never mind

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
Wow, great info Mr. Nova, thanks!
NP, my FIRST car when I was 16 was a 1968 GTX 440/4 sp Dana 4.10. BLK with BLK roof and red interior. So kinda partial to these and keeping an eye out to maybe get another '67-'69 GTX convert.

FYI auto came with AC 4 sp didn't. This '69 car has column shift auto with AC.

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
LOL REALLY? Seize the cash because someone can come up with 60K cash?

Not sure where you guys live that worry like this, but plenty of business deal in cash. I personally do about 40K a month. NEVER an issue. I have a buddy have an issue when he showed up AT THE BANK to deposit 2 bags of CASH, just over $250,000.00. I know many that keep 20-30K in the house "just incase".

Sure in this day in age some people will question you, but nothing more than that usually. Around where I am is a big Indian reservation. More Millionaires there PER CAPA THAN THE USA. Most natives pay cash. Nothing out of the ordinary for them to walk in with $40,000.00 in $50.00 and $100.00.

Anyway, I would have no issue walking in with 5 or 6 stacks and handing it over for something. Been there done that. Just need to give the bank some notice as you want cash. YES they try and talk you out of it, but they legally can not stop you from it. Bought $700,000.00 house with cash and 10% down. Remainder was bank transfer. Looks at if from the cops side too. Harder to counterfeit cash then cheque. And if they can check the cash out while your looking at the car, and it's fake, they got you right then and there. No waiting for the bank to call you a week later saying "funds no good".

·
Registered
10,383 Posts
LOL REALLY? Seize the cash because someone can come up with 60K cash?

Not sure where you guys live that worry like this, but plenty of business deal in cash. I personally do about 40K a month. NEVER an issue. I have a buddy have an issue when he showed up AT THE BANK to deposit 2 bags of CASH, just over $250,000.00. I know many that keep 20-30K in the house "just incase".

Sure in this day in age some people will question you, but nothing more than that usually. Around where I am is a big Indian reservation. More Millionaires there PER CAPA THAN THE USA. Most natives pay cash. Nothing out of the ordinary for them to walk in with $40,000.00 in $50.00 and $100.00.

Anyway, I would have no issue walking in with 5 or 6 stacks and handing it over for something. Been there done that. Just need to give the bank some notice as you want cash. YES they try and talk you out of it, but they legally can not stop you from it. Bought $700,000.00 house with cash and 10% down. Remainder was bank transfer. Looks at if from the cops side too. Harder to counterfeit cash then cheque. And if they can check the cash out while your looking at the car, and it's fake, they got you right then and there. No waiting for the bank to call you a week later saying "funds no good".
What they are referring to are the incidents that have happened when motorists are stopped with what the cop "feels" is a large sum of cash they "say" you can't explain to them where it came from. They seize the money until you can prove where it came from, and this can take a long time. Seizures like this have happened with as little as a few thousand dollars, which is bullshit. Like you said, many people walk around with large sums of money for many legitimate reasons....

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
What they are referring to are the incidents that have happened when motorists are stopped with what the cop "feels" is a large sum of cash they "say" you can't explain to them where it came from. They seize the money until you can prove where it came from, and this can take a long time. Seizures like this have happened with as little as a few thousand dollars, which is bullshit. Like you said, many people walk around with large sums of money for many legitimate reasons....
I've heard of cops seeing a large sum, but never seizing it if there is a reason that can be easily proved. Especially in this day in age where cops are be accused of everything under the sun, just more bad publicity. BUT yes, if you can't easily prove where and how you got the $$$ I can see that.

I'm 220 lbs, 5' 10" bald WHITE tattooed goethe wearing guy. I have been stopped and question as I DO look like the "biker type" (as per US border patrol). I was legally entering the USA at Detroit and they repeatedly asked if I had MORE than $10,000.00. 10K is where you MUST declare or they can seize it. Was walked in, searched, truck searched, as the reason I was going (Milan race crewing for Butch Kemp) asked how I knew him, and counted just under $9,700.00 out in front of me. NOTHING THEY CAN DO. I was and am well within my right to carry and not claim. US border patrol told me I was a biker and this was a large sum that they do not know where I got it. I said MY BANK and sold Matco tool box on the way down, had receipt. Gave me my stuff back and was ready to leave and THEN they asked if I was a White Supremist or a member of the KKK or and other WHITE group????

I do get asked where I got it. BUT if you can easily prove where you got it that is legit, never heard of an issue. Hell one guy we know spent 4 Million at the Toronto boat show around 2010. Showed with 500K in a bag as a deposit within hrs. Native guy has BIG money business on the reserves, both in Canada and the USA. Makes a lot of CASH sales. Was he questioned, YEP. But he is well know by the law and the governments as a business and cash guy. Not much they can do.

·
Banned
23,371 Posts
First thing that came to mind was "Oh no, Wild Cherry part deux". LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts