Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Finland!

Thought I could share my build, though it´s not as fancy as most others I´ve seen here.
This Nova came from Arizona to me 10 years ago. Nothing special, mainly original body and chassis. Trying to keep things as simple as possible and turn this car from 15 second cruiser to an 8 second street beast. 400cid sbc and FI S480 billet under the hood. TH400 with PTC 9,5" converter and 12 bolt rear with 3.08 gears.

The best et so far has been 9.6/146mph with poor converter and 1.79 60ft.

As soon as I figure how to get some pics here, I will post them and more info of my build.

Thanks.

Reactions: Mitch H

·
Registered
662 Posts
If its the car in your avatar looks like a sweet ride!

As far as posting pics youll need to host them online somewhere (imgur, facebook, photobucket etc). Copy photo address link and paste between the

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If its the car in your avatar looks like a sweet ride!

As far as posting pics youll need to host them online somewhere (imgur, facebook, photobucket etc). Copy photo address link and paste between the [img/] tabs.[/quote]

Yep, just figured it, thanks.

And thank you for the compliment too!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And couple months later I got it here. Hrrrrr, it was a cold day. Happy to see everything was okay, body was solid and nice as promised by the seller.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
383 sbc was a fine cruiser for two summer, but not anywhere near what I wanted performance wise.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Then I decided that it´s time to go with turbo. Did some mock ups and bought a stock BW S475. Headers are made by screen name 10secgoal. Also bought a Dart SHP 400 block, AFR 210 heads and Scat crank and rods. A cam came from Jones Cams and pistons were Wisecos.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A hot side piping came along nicely. All the pipes were coated with black satin paint, also inside.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I also wanted to fit an a/a intercooler in the front. It´s just the biggest china core that I found. Maybe not the coolest looking thing in front of the Nova, but I´m already used to it and nowadays it´s black, so it doesn´t jump on the eyes so much...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
At that time I lowered the car a little and I decided to keep the stock style suspension. I Changed the Boyd wheels to black rallyes, did not like the look of those 17" wheels. Almost all the parts in the chassis was already new, so that was a good starting point to a mild 10% strip / 90% street use.

We rebuild the transmission with my buddy to the 1000hp level and put the Edge Racing converter in. 12 bolt rear was also in pieces, we switched the 3.73 gear to 3.08, and Strange axles and adjustable shocks went there too. I made the caltracs and bolted subframe connectors under the car. In the front there is also Strange shocks and fast ratio Camaro steering.

Engine management system is Megasquirt ms3x, it takes care of both, the spark and the fuel.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Looks great but I've gotta ask, what the heck did you use to pull that engine? Is that old seat belts or ratchet straps? Lol. Hell we all gotta make do with what weve got at our disposal. Gonna be a fun ride for sure and again it looks awesome. Been thinking of doing something similar with my 70 that's in my avatar. Thanks for posting it. Looking forward to more

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks great but I've gotta ask, what the heck did you use to pull that engine? Is that old seat belts or ratchet straps? Lol. Hell we all gotta make do with what weve got at our disposal. Gonna be a fun ride for sure and again it looks awesome. Been thinking of doing something similar with my 70 that's in my avatar. Thanks for posting it. Looking forward to more
Ratchet straps they were, you are right sir, lol

Sorry about my writing, it may not be fully correct all the time, but I´ll try to keep everything understandable and maybe the pictures tell more than I can...

Thank you for the kind words.

1 - 20 of 226 Posts