Brasswell carbs - Page 10 - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Technical Section > Naturally Aspirated - Uratchko Racing Engines

Naturally Aspirated - Uratchko Racing Engines

Old 04-19-2011, 08:34 PM   #136
Big Chief
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: Brasswell carbs

Here is my experience with braswell and the "brass" phone phantom.....

We run a restricted class that limits us on carb size. When I called I was looking to build my own carb and maybe buy some parts from them to make my wild ideas work better on this trial carb. What I got was a "tech guy". He heard my ideas for the carb I was building and told me "stop right there, it won't work." So I got a little defensive and asked "why".... He said "because it flat out won't work, and there are many reasons why...but not enough time in the day to worry about them." I was a little thrown by his "tude" and I think he could tell, so he asked what we were doing and what we have now. I told him and he almost laughed. By then I was just getting ready to hang up, and he said the magic words....."I have what you need and I can have it to you in 3 days AND you will set the record in your class if you pull your head out of your ass!"

I laughed and thought this guy might be alright. He told it like it was, straight up, no bullshit and no beating around the bush. There was no "well every engine is different and it's hard to tell what your might need".... And none of the usual "when properly tuned this carb will do this or that"...... It was as real as it gets... Bottom line, you need this and I have it and can build it for you in 3 days, you want to go fast or not?

So we decided that this was the guy for us, we don't want to be "sold" and carb. We want one built for us that will further our program. Use whoever you like and if you need someone to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside before they sell you a hunk of shit carb, buy from someone else.

BUT IF YOU WANT THE BADDEST FUCKING CARB ON THE PLANET, AND THE BAR NONE BEST TECH SERVICE AROUND AFTER THE SALE, not to mention if you like setting records...... BUY FROM BRASWELL. The dick that may answer your question is not a salesman nor a mouthpiece. He is a carb guy and I would rather him be good at that, then be a good salesman and suck at carb building LIKE ALMOST EVERYONE ELSE.

Oh yeah, and we broke the mph record on the second pass of the first race. Then reset it every pass after that, ended up breaking it by 4MPH from the previous record set last year!!!!!!!!!!! Just sayin!!!!!!!!
Big Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2011, 08:42 PM   #137
Big Chief
Smoked another BBC

Not to mention our carb was PERFECT right out of the box. Bradley has answered his phone for us at the track with questions about everything, not just carb related. He has checked in after the sale to make sure we are happy and going fast. He has gone out of his way to help us with other areas of the car as well. The best money we have spent on this car, was with Bradley at braswell, and monte smith performance. When we are trying something, and he does not approve he has told me "get your dick beaters off my carb" lol.... He will make you a faster and smarter racer, and when we needed an air pan to try before a test session, he built it and had it to us ON TIME. the dude is no joke.

Carb builder > carb salesman
Big Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:40 PM   #138
bad 68 chevelle
Smoked another BBC

Big Chief, that's why I went with them, they don't have to come on here and toot their own horn, they know that they are the best. I will post some pictures and videos up later on to show the difference. Michael

Last edited by bad 68 chevelle; 04-19-2011 at 09:44 PM.
bad 68 chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:54 PM   #139
flyin ryan
Smoked another BBC

Thumbs up Cool...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Chief View Post
Here is my experience with braswell and the "brass" phone phantom.....

We run a restricted class that limits us on carb size. When I called I was looking to build my own carb and maybe buy some parts from them to make my wild ideas work better on this trial carb. What I got was a "tech guy". He heard my ideas for the carb I was building and told me "stop right there, it won't work." So I got a little defensive and asked "why".... He said "because it flat out won't work, and there are many reasons why...but not enough time in the day to worry about them." I was a little thrown by his "tude" and I think he could tell, so he asked what we were doing and what we have now. I told him and he almost laughed. By then I was just getting ready to hang up, and he said the magic words....."I have what you need and I can have it to you in 3 days AND you will set the record in your class if you pull your head out of your ass!"

I laughed and thought this guy might be alright. He told it like it was, straight up, no bullshit and no beating around the bush. There was no "well every engine is different and it's hard to tell what your might need".... And none of the usual "when properly tuned this carb will do this or that"...... It was as real as it gets... Bottom line, you need this and I have it and can build it for you in 3 days, you want to go fast or not?

So we decided that this was the guy for us, we don't want to be "sold" and carb. We want one built for us that will further our program. Use whoever you like and if you need someone to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside before they sell you a hunk of shit carb, buy from someone else.

BUT IF YOU WANT THE BADDEST FUCKING CARB ON THE PLANET, AND THE BAR NONE BEST TECH SERVICE AROUND AFTER THE SALE, not to mention if you like setting records...... BUY FROM BRASWELL. The dick that may answer your question is not a salesman nor a mouthpiece. He is a carb guy and I would rather him be good at that, then be a good salesman and suck at carb building LIKE ALMOST EVERYONE ELSE.

Oh yeah, and we broke the mph record on the second pass of the first race. Then reset it every pass after that, ended up breaking it by 4MPH from the previous record set last year!!!!!!!!!!! Just sayin!!!!!!!!
Aha'.......That's awesome stuff right there, LOL.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:32 AM   #140
gmhg70
Smoked another BBC

I bought a pro sys 4150 ( not that i'm complaining, it's been excellent) thinking they are out of my league. What's the cost of one of theirs ?????

Thanks Pep
gmhg70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:51 AM   #141
bad 68 chevelle
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhg70 View Post
I bought a pro sys 4150 ( not that i'm complaining, it's been excellent) thinking they are out of my league. What's the cost of one of theirs ?????

Thanks Pep
You would have to call them for pricing, they completely custom build for each application.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:21 AM   #142
gmhg70
Smoked another BBC

Not looking to change, just wondering ?

Pep
gmhg70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:47 PM   #143
shawn69nova
Pullin gears

braswell is the best carb ive ever bought hands down!!! like chief said customer service has been great b4 and after the sale!!
Old 04-21-2011, 01:07 AM   #144
555nova
CFH
Smoked another BBC

^^^^My god that is the sickist 55 ever, Im going out to the show with a da sander right now^^^^

sorry for the useless hijack.
555nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:41 AM   #145
Mills588
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad 68 chevelle View Post
Big Chief, that's why I went with them, they don't have to come on here and toot their own horn, they know that they are the best. I will post some pictures and videos up later on to show the difference. Michael

Damn Michael, did you hit the lotto?

What's the chance, next year... 2012 Season, you let me try your Dual Brazis?? Buddy ol' Pal?

I'd sure like ot see what a sheet metal intake and those two gas-throwers would do for my setup!!!

Keep us posted on your build-up. When do you forsee it all coming to life??

Hope you are doing well! Keep in touch!!!
EMAIL @ [email protected]

Smith Bros, ATI PROCHARGERS, AFR, Dart, Brodix, CFE & BMF, Profiler, Manley, Callies, Erson, JE, Ross, Wiseco, Ferrea, Moroso, Pro Systems, Comp Cams, Erson, Hughes Performance, Trans- Specialties Full Line, ISKY, Strange Engineering Entire Line, TRZ Suspension Components, Smith Racecraft!.. and more!
Mills588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:07 PM   #146
flyin ryan
Smoked another BBC

Thumbs up Bad A**....!!

Finally got a chance to try these things on the dyno today...all I can say is WOW! Very impressive....

Old 05-13-2011, 11:41 PM   #147
bad 68 chevelle
Smoked another BBC

How much power difference with them over the other carbs? Thanks,Michael
Old 05-14-2011, 03:45 AM   #148
flyin ryan
Smoked another BBC

Thumbs up They work!!

Will let you know for sure tomr.,.....But I know already it'll be enough!
Old 08-07-2011, 07:58 PM   #149
flyin ryan
Smoked another BBC

Default Damn close....

Just lost the final in Seattle at Nat'l event by 3/1000th's!! Damn....Carb's are working though. Braswell's been 'Great' to deal with too, very helpful through out.
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2011, 05:21 PM   #150
markv
Spooled up

From what I have herd, BLP does all Braswell's carbs.
markv is offline   Reply With Quote