357 Sig - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > The Bullet ~ Handguns, Rifles and Shotguns

The Bullet ~ Handguns, Rifles and Shotguns TREE HUGGERS NOT WELCOME!!!

Old 10-12-2019, 11:06 PM   #1
70Camaro540
Smoked another BBC

Default 357 Sig

I was out shooting today with a friend and he asked me if I wanted to trade anything for a SIG P226 in 40 S&W he bought new last year and didnt like. Sure take my R1 Remington 1911 I said. I didnt like it much either. Great living in a free state . Anyway I wasnt much interested in the 40 S&W part but I do want to swap barrels on it to 357 SIG ad I understand theres some mighty zippy rounds in that chambering.

Anyone run a 357 SIG? What do you think of the round?

Old Yesterday, 01:49 AM   #2
Butcher
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: 357 Sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Camaro540 View Post
I was out shooting today with a friend and he asked me if I wanted to trade anything for a SIG P226 in 40 S&W he bought new last year and didnt like. Sure take my R1 Remington 1911 I said. I didnt like it much either. Great living in a free state . Anyway I wasnt much interested in the 40 S&W part but I do want to swap barrels on it to 357 SIG ad I understand theres some mighty zippy rounds in that chambering.

Anyone run a 357 SIG? What do you think of the round?
I had a 226 with both of those barrels, it was a great gun. I replaced it with a 226 Legion in .40 caliber. I haven't bought another 357 Sig barrel yet.

However, I have a P320 in 9mm and another P320 in 357 Sig. If I shoot them "back to back", it feels like I'm lobbing 9mm bullets compared to laser straight bullets in 357 Sig. I'm sure part of that is just in my mind, but my P320, in 357 Sig, is one of the best shooting handguns I've ever owned. Many of the people who've shot it comment on how well it shoots.

I'm here to kick some ass and chew some gum, . . . and I'm all outta gum!
Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:19 AM   #3
DirtyJewRacing
Burnout box

The 226 is one of the best pistols suited for .357SIG. I have one and love it. I also have a G32 and G33 which is my carry gun. It definitely has a bit more zip and recoil than most other cartridges but it is a damn good round, fast and flat as hell. If you reload at all it is a bit finicky with the small neck but still very much doable. I use CFE pistol and HS6 powder
DirtyJewRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:00 AM   #4
MrGrim
Smoked another BBC

I have m&ps both in 40 and 357sig the comments above are right on plus more muzzle flash.
Old Yesterday, 04:12 PM   #5
Tom396
Smoked Another SBC

Smile Re: 357 Sig

I don't quite get the .357 Sig. If you are shooting a 125 gr. .357 Sig projectile, you typically get around 1500 fps out of a 5 inch barrel. If you are shooting a 135 gr. .40 S&W (I don't know of any 125 gr. .40 S&W projectiles), you typically get around 1450 fps out of a 5 inch barrel. But then, many folks don't get the 40 S&W at all either. Take care. Tom Worthington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phuckstick1 View Post
It's up to the government to decide who gets to keep and bear Arms.
Tom396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:15 PM   #6
My6speedz
Dyslexic Lord of the Sith
Smoked another BBC

Get the .357 Sig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark O'Neal View Post
I don't have a race car. Race cars are a waste of time and money.
My6speedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:27 PM   #7
cab0154
Pullin gears

I dropped a conversion 357 barrel in my P229 (that was originally a .40) in 2004. my .40 barrel has been shot a handful of times since. I love the sig round. the slide velocity is noticeably faster, and is faster back on target than .40. i have been told my quite a few texas state troopers that carried 357 226s that it would put down livestock better than any other pistol they had been issued. i just like shooting it. not sure it is any more effective than .40. but the 357 is loud and concussive out of the alloy framed sigs. when you shoot indoor with others they tend to wonder what you are shooting. it is getting harder to find ammo these days though.
cab0154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 12:07 AM   #8
My6speedz
Dyslexic Lord of the Sith
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab0154 View Post
I dropped a conversion 357 barrel in my P229 (that was originally a .40) in 2004. my .40 barrel has been shot a handful of times since. I love the sig round. the slide velocity is noticeably faster, and is faster back on target than .40. i have been told my quite a few texas state troopers that carried 357 226s that it would put down livestock better than any other pistol they had been issued. i just like shooting it. not sure it is any more effective than .40. but the 357 is loud and concussive out of the alloy framed sigs. when you shoot indoor with others they tend to wonder what you are shooting. it is getting harder to find ammo these days though.
Really? I've seen the reverse around here. I used to rail against the .357 Sig because like 10mm it got watered down over the years. However, it seems recently the SIG is having a bit of a resurgence because it is on the shelf of three gun stores around here. I have also seen some Remington green and white box FMJ stuff at walmart from time to time. It doesn't hurt to have a couple people now loading it its full potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark O'Neal View Post
I don't have a race car. Race cars are a waste of time and money.
My6speedz is offline   Reply With Quote