Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Tuna Steak~

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  fastvette 
#1 · (Edited)
I been looking at trying to cook and eat Tuna Steak's it looks simple and delicious. You all cooked them? I most of the time eat tuna out of the can, but not steak style.

#3 ·
I've grilled it many times. Season it to your personal liking, asian, mediterranean,etc, lightly oil both sides, place on hot grill, rotate after 1-2 mins, flip after 3-4 mins and repete.

serve med rare

#5 · (Edited)
1, needs to be good fresh Tuna. Dark red to maroon in color.
2, know how you want to flavor it. I use a Teriyaki sometimes, but more often I use Good Seasonings Italian dressing for marinade.
3, marinade for a couple hours if using Italian dressing. Much less time if using Teriyaki. You'll over power it.
4, grill on high temp grill. Sear the outside, and serve medium rare.

PS always rinse your fresh seafood with cold water and dry. Handle fish gently so it doesn't come apart.

#6 ·
i got a buda who tuna fishes out of lousiana. sushi grade yellow tail. i have eaten it raw, as well as on the grill. the bigger steaks get a bit tiresome after being on the grill. it's just a lot of well, TUNA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.