Labor day weekend cook out pics! - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Cook of the weak

Cook of the weak Grilling, Smoking, Slow Cookers, Dutch Ovens and other forms of cooking!!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2019, 12:30 AM   #1
cepx111
Former RJ instigator
Smoked Another SBC
 
cepx111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bartlett, Tn
Posts: 36,604
Default Labor day weekend cook out pics!

I know some of y'all broke out that rusty grill, post up some pics~!

I threw a couple racks of beef ribs and one rack of pork ribs on the 22 inch Weber and made some homemade slaw, the ribs turned out fantastic.

I just used some SPG on the beef ribs and Lambert's sweet rub o mine on the St. Louis cut pork ribs, cooked in-direct for about 2-1/2 - 3 hours @ 250~ish, then wrapped for another hour or so, I glazed the pork ribs with some sauce and grilled them direct for about 15-20 minutes.





About 2 hours in.






On the pork rubs, I added some Wicker's marinade/basting sauce before wrapping.





I added some beef broth to the beef ribs, as usual, lots of shrinkage with beef ribs.







Just a little something I dreamed up, beef rib/slaw sandwich, it was so good.



Last edited by cepx111; 09-03-2019 at 12:31 AM.
cepx111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-03-2019, 12:32 AM   #2
cepx111
Former RJ instigator
Smoked Another SBC
 
cepx111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bartlett, Tn
Posts: 36,604
Default Re: Labor day weekend cook out pics!

I forgot to mentioned, for smoke I used oak wood chunks.
cepx111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 01:40 AM   #3
Mista Bone
Trolling the Trolls
Smoked Another SBC
 
Mista Bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 13,423
Default Re: Labor day weekend cook out pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepx111 View Post
I forgot to mentioned, for smoke I used oak wood chunks.
My son bought me a whiskey barrel after it had been drained from local distillery. I have plenty of whiskey white oak for smoking. Just put some chunks on top of the kingsford and let it go!
Mista Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 04:46 AM   #4
cepx111
Former RJ instigator
Smoked Another SBC
 
cepx111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bartlett, Tn
Posts: 36,604
Default Re: Labor day weekend cook out pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Bone View Post
My son bought me a whiskey barrel after it had been drained from local distillery. I have plenty of whiskey white oak for smoking. Just put some chunks on top of the kingsford and let it go!
I've used them, they worked good for me, but be aware, they burns hot AF though, I think it's the residual whiskey that leached into the wood.

cepx111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 05:44 PM   #5
RogerWilco
Junior Member
Launchin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 394
Default Re: Labor day weekend cook out pics!

We went out to the weekend place and I cooked for a crowd. ABTs on the BGE, along with some steaks and burgers, and grilled corn. The offset smoker had beef ribs, pork shoulders, chicken quarters, and several types of sausages.

Some of our friends beat us out to the lake, and called us as we were en route, informing that the A/C was not working. Swell! Another friend said he was buddies with a guy who had an A/C business and could get him to swing by, as the buddy was only 85 miles away...on a Friday evening....on a holiday. Damned if the guy didn't show up, wife in tow, and get us up and running (some pests had chewed through an electric wire somewhere, stopping the compressor from firing up). They ended up staying for the weekend as well and since the guy was a good fisherman, we grilled fish in addition to the other stuff. He ended up not charging us a penny for the service call!

No pictures, but a great time was had by one and all, and folks who insisted they didn't really care for beef ribs went back for seconds...or thirds. My wife started teaching the A/C guy's wife how to make quilts: there were about six or seven ladies who were pretty much having a class on those things. Several friends brought mucho guns and made a lot of noise. And there were pies. Homemade pies.

I really love it when I get to fire up that offset, and I like to think that the outdoor cooking is what ties everything together for a great weekend.
RogerWilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 11:36 PM   #6
cepx111
Former RJ instigator
Smoked Another SBC
 
cepx111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bartlett, Tn
Posts: 36,604
Default Re: Labor day weekend cook out pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerWilco View Post
We went out to the weekend place and I cooked for a crowd. ABTs on the BGE, along with some steaks and burgers, and grilled corn. The offset smoker had beef ribs, pork shoulders, chicken quarters, and several types of sausages.

Some of our friends beat us out to the lake, and called us as we were en route, informing that the A/C was not working. Swell! Another friend said he was buddies with a guy who had an A/C business and could get him to swing by, as the buddy was only 85 miles away...on a Friday evening....on a holiday. Damned if the guy didn't show up, wife in tow, and get us up and running (some pests had chewed through an electric wire somewhere, stopping the compressor from firing up). They ended up staying for the weekend as well and since the guy was a good fisherman, we grilled fish in addition to the other stuff. He ended up not charging us a penny for the service call!

No pictures, but a great time was had by one and all, and folks who insisted they didn't really care for beef ribs went back for seconds...or thirds. My wife started teaching the A/C guy's wife how to make quilts: there were about six or seven ladies who were pretty much having a class on those things. Several friends brought mucho guns and made a lot of noise. And there were pies. Homemade pies.

I really love it when I get to fire up that offset, and I like to think that the outdoor cooking is what ties everything together for a great weekend.
Sounded like an awesome weekend, thanks for sharing!

One of the things I enjoy the most is roughing it at our little fishing cabin in Ark, although it has a little stove, it rarely gets used, I'm always cooking on the Weber charcoal grill outside!
cepx111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 06:35 PM   #7
Spook
Sizeable Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
Spook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: in a world of shit
Posts: 7,700
Default Re: Labor day weekend cook out pics!

Sounds like you guys had a good weekend. I packed up the WSM, a cooler full of meat and one of beer and headed the YB Nats to hang out with the Honk if parts fall off crew. I did 6 racks of ribs and some pulled pork.




__________________
Kirk


"Everybody has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
Spook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 06:52 PM   #8
ratssass
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
ratssass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,893
Default Re: Labor day weekend cook out pics!

dude....would have loved to meet you. Met honks in the staging lanes.....good dude, actually asked my real name!!!.lol
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life's a Drag View Post
I believe very little about what I "hear". I go on what I experience.

Well,there's that, and what little birdies tell me..

FREE THE SCREW BLOWER!!
ratssass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 07:06 PM   #9
Spook
Sizeable Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
Spook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: in a world of shit
Posts: 7,700
Default Re: Labor day weekend cook out pics!

Rick is good people and so's his wife. I do this every year with them. You have the o-fficial invite to join us next time for a rib, a sandwich and/or an adult beverage. Do you hit Cecil for the monthly SCSO?
__________________
Kirk


"Everybody has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
Spook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 07:13 PM   #10
ratssass
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
ratssass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,893
Default Re: Labor day weekend cook out pics!

no....almost a 5 1/2 drive. Rick was extremely gracious to meet a fellow YB'er, though...real nice guy. I do hope to take you up on some decent food, though! The track food sucked, and I only went down with an air matress, and a wallet....lol
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life's a Drag View Post
I believe very little about what I "hear". I go on what I experience.

Well,there's that, and what little birdies tell me..

FREE THE SCREW BLOWER!!
ratssass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 07:20 PM   #11
Spook
Sizeable Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
Spook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: in a world of shit
Posts: 7,700
Default Re: Labor day weekend cook out pics!

I can't help with lodging but we never send anyone away hungry.
__________________
Kirk


"Everybody has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
Spook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 06:51 PM   #12
ratssass
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
ratssass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,893
Default Re: Labor day weekend cook out pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook View Post
I can't help with lodging but we never send anyone away hungry.

....doing the same lodging for the shakedown. Ya's going, I'll definitely look ya's up.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life's a Drag View Post
I believe very little about what I "hear". I go on what I experience.

Well,there's that, and what little birdies tell me..

FREE THE SCREW BLOWER!!
ratssass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 08:01 PM   #13
Spook
Sizeable Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
Spook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: in a world of shit
Posts: 7,700
Default Re: Labor day weekend cook out pics!

Virginia? I believe Rick is going but unfortunately I won't be.
__________________
Kirk


"Everybody has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
Spook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 08:13 PM   #14
ratssass
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
ratssass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,893
Default Re: Labor day weekend cook out pics!

...well, chit....tell Rick to bring food. We'll hook up at some point, Spook
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life's a Drag View Post
I believe very little about what I "hear". I go on what I experience.

Well,there's that, and what little birdies tell me..

FREE THE SCREW BLOWER!!
ratssass is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-06-2019, 10:32 PM   #15
Spook
Sizeable Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
Spook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: in a world of shit
Posts: 7,700
Default Re: Labor day weekend cook out pics!

That would be cool. Name's Kirk btw. I think it's in my sig line but I have them turned off so I don't know.
__________________
Kirk


"Everybody has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
Spook is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 0%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Yellow Bullet LLC
 

Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.