Avgas plus torco accelerator? - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Technical Section > Racing Fuels

Old 08-27-2019, 10:33 AM   #1
IMPATIENT 1
Smoked another BBC

Default Avgas plus torco accelerator?

Read all the avgas threads i could find here, lots of informative posts from yeti�� i live in the sticks, very tough to get racefuel but have been using avgas for a decade since airport is on way home from work. Its handled my gen4 5.3 to 26lbs on conservative timing and low charge temps. Laborday wknd(dragboat) coming up so im giving the plugs what theyre asking for, push timing some. Want alil more detonation protection so im not being towed back to a ramp��

Ordered 2 32oz cans of the torco accelerator racegas concentrate but im clueless as to what mix ratio to use to end up with at least 110. I run shell avgas that i was told tests @105octane. Anybody have any experience with the torco in avgas? Yeti's post eludes to the mmt mixing with the tel lead in the avgas different than it would for pumpgas.

Last edited by IMPATIENT 1; 08-27-2019 at 10:35 AM.
IMPATIENT 1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2019, 09:28 PM   #2
NSS GTO
Launchin

Default Re: Avgas plus torco accelerator?

I am bumping this as I would like to know as well. Currently mixing 4oz to 5 Gallons of Phillips 100LL.
NSS GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2019, 10:18 PM   #3
bigblockmark
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: Avgas plus torco accelerator?

I believe Mark Whitener, jmarkaudio, would be a good source of experience if you can talk to him. He is a member here and has his own forum He uses 100LL and an MMT additive for very high compression on his SB2 SBC dragster. MMT and 100LL like each other more than you would expect. I use straight 100LL on my 582 bracket race engine. Does Torco Accelerator have MMT in it?
bigblockmark is offline   Reply With Quote