Big Nitrous Explosion at Grudge race at Middle Georgia Motorsports Park - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Grudge, No ET and No Prep Racing

Grudge, No ET and No Prep Racing Talk about Grudge and No ET racing. Trash talk is allowed. Use common sense when posting..

Old 09-07-2018, 12:10 AM   #1
S Rank Visuals
Pre-Staged

Default Big Nitrous Explosion at Grudge race at Middle Georgia Motorsports Park

https://youtu.be/EOZyMsRDqck
S Rank Visuals is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2018, 05:18 PM   #2
vegaman924
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: Big Nitrous Explosion at Grudge race at Middle Georgia Motorsports Park

Why don’t they ever turn off the nitrous before they get out of car so it don’t burn to the ground
vegaman924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 07:12 AM   #3
fatwax
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: Big Nitrous Explosion at Grudge race at Middle Georgia Motorsports Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaman924 View Post
Why donít they ever turn off the nitrous before they get out of car so it donít burn to the ground
what makes you think the bottle valve is within reach? and even if it is another 3-5 seconds turning a valve off is not first on my mind, sorry but if I see big fire like that right in front of me my first thought is get the hell out and away to save my ass!
Old 09-08-2018, 09:57 AM   #4
vegaman924
Smoked Another SBC

But it wasn’t a big fire for 3-4 seconds plus I doubt he even clicked off power

Last edited by vegaman924; 09-08-2018 at 09:58 AM.
vegaman924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 11:01 AM   #5
fatwax
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
But it wasnít a big fire for 3-4 seconds plus I doubt he even clicked off power
I'm not arm chairing but I've had small fires and I've wanted nothing more than to get the F out.
Old 09-08-2018, 11:28 AM   #6
Wabash Cannonball
The Liquor Makes Me Think
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Why donít they ever turn off the nitrous before they get out of car so it donít burn to the ground

Got me thinking. Wonder if someone can come up with a safety device that seals the supply line during excessive heat from a fire. Like the glass tube on a fire sprinkler. Obviously it'll be difficult with the environment and pressures it'll be in.

Needs to be cheap enough that ppl actually will buy and use.
Old 09-08-2018, 10:42 PM   #7
greg hindman
Smoked Another SBC

Filming made me wanna puke
Geez us
Old 09-08-2018, 10:51 PM   #8
N2osn95
Burnout box

Couldn't you just have a 1/4 turn valve within reach? At least in this situation.
N2osn95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 10:25 AM   #9
BrandonZX6R
Smoked another BBC

Could a valve be utilized that would seal off main line if an exponential difference in pressure is detected amongst a short time period. The largest orifice used to meter nitrous flow cannot flow equal to a line with no obstructions. When an unobtrusive amount of flow is detected valve will close.
Old 09-09-2018, 04:54 PM   #10
frank zappa
Smoked Another SBC

why didn't one of the thousand standing on the starting line turn it off
frank zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 09:33 PM   #11
427f2
Smoked another BBC

Looks like the fuel pump was left on as well......Had to be some fuel there for
the flames to take off like they did.
427f2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 10:02 PM   #12
Sleepr71
Spooled up

Is it my imagination,or was Something was amiss when they were sitting there purging it through the motor? I say that by the way it was popping out of the exhaust(late).Probably should’ve backed out at that point? Anyway, in hindsight..what do we think caused it? Retarded timing? Trying to spray too much at too low rpm’s? Cold motor/intake? I want to build a N2O car..but shit like this makes me want to go turbo or supercharged. Wonder if a fire suppression system would’ve saved it?
Sleepr71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 01:53 PM   #13
DatBrotato
Burnout box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepr71 View Post
Is it my imagination,or was Something was amiss when they were sitting there purging it through the motor? I say that by the way it was popping out of the exhaust(late).Probably shouldíve backed out at that point? Anyway, in hindsight..what do we think caused it? Retarded timing? Trying to spray too much at too low rpmís? Cold motor/intake? I want to build a N2O car..but shit like this makes me want to go turbo or supercharged. Wonder if a fire suppression system wouldíve saved it?
Too many variables. With the shot sizes these guys were probably running a simple misfire or knock could've caused a backfire, then it just becomes a chain reaction.
DatBrotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 02:35 PM   #14
B.A.Carty
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepr71 View Post
Is it my imagination,or was Something was amiss when they were sitting there purging it through the motor? I say that by the way it was popping out of the exhaust(late).Probably shouldíve backed out at that point? Anyway, in hindsight..what do we think caused it? Retarded timing? Trying to spray too much at too low rpmís? Cold motor/intake? I want to build a N2O car..but shit like this makes me want to go turbo or supercharged. Wonder if a fire suppression system wouldíve saved it?
As soon as I watched the video I knew it was that car would be having the issues. well 60 seconds later(what a terrible fucking video by the way) I was right.

Quote:

too many what if's on a car like this. this is obviously a low budget build. judging by the guys sweat pants and hoodie I'm sure he wasn't up to all certs needed. We're assuming... or you... are assuming that everything is set up the way its supposed to be in a race car when if you've ever seen a grudge car you know that don't give two shits about safety
B.A.Carty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2018, 02:56 PM   #15
bottlefed1
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Cause the vise-grips he had on the bottle to replace the broken handle fell off
bottlefed1 is offline   Reply With Quote