;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Technical Section > Supercharged

Old 09-15-2019, 07:46 PM   #16
Ron Clevenger
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: Blow thru vs efi

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedbowtie View Post
Blow-thrus have their place , but have no fail safes .

Sometimes when blow-thrus lose fuel , they go so lean the motor cant run and pistons are saved .

sometimes not .
Nothing is fail safe......
Steve Morris www.stevemorrisengines.com
Ron Clevenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2019, 08:01 PM   #17
GTAShief
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant447 View Post
They said their newest stuff is good to 3000 hp. Maybe that is an older carb? I would like to hear if anyone has good success stories with theirs or anyone else's?
Carb is a newer carb. If Tim says it's running out of fuel I believe him. I mean Procharger says you can spin their F1 and F2 blowers to a max speed and it will stay together. We both know that's a lie.
GTAShief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:02 AM   #18
ant447
Pullin gears

I believe it also. I was just wondering if it was a newer design or a couple years old. I can see it happening when you get too high in boost and hp. The cost difference between a blow thru alcohol carb and efi is very big. Good thing is once u go efi that's it I dont think you will go back. I myself have never done a blow thru carb at that hp level, only efi. But 3k. Vs 10k plus , for a strictly racecar is huge.
ant447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 07:36 AM   #19
Harper68
Spooled up

I run a small tire camaro, 540 f-3 with a apd blow through and a holley dominator for ignition and data logging. I love the carb it runs great, drives great, starts great. Made 2400hp and now its probably making around 2600. I don't see me switching to fi any time soon
Harper68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:15 AM   #20
ant447
Pullin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper68 View Post
I run a small tire camaro, 540 f-3 with a apd blow through and a holley dominator for ignition and data logging. I love the carb it runs great, drives great, starts great. Made 2400hp and now its probably making around 2600. I don't see me switching to fi any time soon
Is it one of the new models? On M1?
Old 09-17-2019, 11:54 AM   #21
Ron Clevenger
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
What MPH and ET to the 1/8 mile at what weight???
Old 09-17-2019, 12:29 PM   #22
Harper68
Spooled up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Clevenger View Post
What MPH and ET to the 1/8 mile at what weight???
3150 with me in it. Just made a pulley change to better my 60' and 330, but so far [email protected] with a 1.29 60'
Old 09-17-2019, 04:17 PM   #23
Ron Clevenger
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
3150 with me in it. Just made a pulley change to better my 60' and 330, but so far [email protected] with a 1.29 60'
Do you run a Grid? my son and I have been Crew Chiefing two Street Outlaw cars. Both run 14-71 high helix blowers. One is all fiber glass so we have to run small tire in big tire class. The other is big tire. With your MPH you should be running at least 4.40's. Just have to work on that first 70-80 feet. From my experience I think your short of the 2600 hp. The 2400 might be closer. An't easy for sure, have fun.
Old 09-18-2019, 07:32 AM   #24
Harper68
Spooled up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Clevenger View Post
Do you run a Grid? my son and I have been Crew Chiefing two Street Outlaw cars. Both run 14-71 high helix blowers. One is all fiber glass so we have to run small tire in big tire class. The other is big tire. With your MPH you should be running at least 4.40's. Just have to work on that first 70-80 feet. From my experience I think your short of the 2600 hp. The 2400 might be closer. An't easy for sure, have fun.
I run a holley dominator and coils to control my ignition and data log, Apd carb for fuel. I just made a big pulley change and added a bell because I was only making 5-6 psi on the trans brake. I am spinning the blower just short of its max rpm now. Now it can make all the boost it can ( especially down low where I need it ) and ill be able to control it with timing. You are correct about the power numbers and times hopefully these changes will get me where I want to be.
Old 09-18-2019, 07:35 AM   #25
Harper68
Spooled up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant447 View Post
Is it one of the new models? On M1?
New model APD carb or new model blower? The carb has the updated metering blocks and the new bigger pro boost fuel pump. The blower is just a old trusty F3 131
Old 09-18-2019, 07:55 AM   #26
Harper68
Spooled up

motor by ryan harper, on Flickr

motor2 by ryan harper, on Flickr

car shot by ryan harper, on Flickr

w by ryan harper, on Flickr
Old 09-18-2019, 09:13 AM   #27
ant447
Pullin gears

Nice! I think that pro-boost pump is like 13 gpm. I thought pump would need to be like 19 gpm would need to be bigger for that hp number, but they say they have guys making 3,000 hp with that pump. You only have the 1 blow off valve?
Old 09-18-2019, 12:06 PM   #28
Harper68
Spooled up

its got two, mirror image on the other side
Old 09-18-2019, 12:41 PM   #29
Ron Clevenger
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
I run a holley dominator and coils to control my ignition and data log, Apd carb for fuel. I just made a big pulley change and added a bell because I was only making 5-6 psi on the trans brake. I am spinning the blower just short of its max rpm now. Now it can make all the boost it can ( especially down low where I need it ) and ill be able to control it with timing. You are correct about the power numbers and times hopefully these changes will get me where I want to be.
You didn't say if your running a Grid. If not, you need one and also ability to data record a "G" meter. Those two items will be your best friends to maximize your 60'. We make 6-7 timing changes in that first 6/10 to 8/10 th of launch. Good luck and have fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2019, 12:57 PM   #30
Ron Clevenger
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
You didn't say if your running a Grid. If not, you need one and also ability to data record a "G" meter. Those two items will be your best friends to maximize your 60'. We make 6-7 timing changes in that first 6/10 to 8/10 th seconds of launch. Good luck and have fun.