Cheese and onion enchiladas W/chili gravy - Page 2 - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Cook of the weak

Cook of the weak Grilling, Smoking, Slow Cookers, Dutch Ovens and other forms of cooking!!!

Old 01-29-2016, 06:46 AM   #16
goodscotch
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: Cheese and onion enchiladas W/chili gravy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny McLain View Post
Ya know, for whatever reason, I have never warmed up to Chorizo. Think what you get in Southern Ca my be different than what we get in red neck Texas. Last summer when I was in the land of the sun tanned chosen, had some Chorizo as a breakfast side that was great. It was almost like beef jerky. Tried to duplicate it, and failed miserably.

Denny
Must be an acquired taste. Kind of like scotch? I've had chorizo all over Mexico and all over SoCal. One of my favorites is a chorizo and egg burrito with extra cheese.
goodscotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2016, 06:52 AM   #17
goodscotch
Smoked another BBC

I did the enchiladas last night. As I said, it's a pita to chili the tortillas. I ruined 4 of them. But they turned out very good. I added bell peppers to the onions and a sprinkle of cumin and a sprinkle of oregano. I'll add more next time. I didn't have any olives so I put onios on the top.

Old 01-30-2016, 09:03 AM   #18
Denny McLain
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodscotch View Post
I did the enchiladas last night. As I said, it's a pita to chili the tortillas. I ruined 4 of them. But they turned out very good. I added bell peppers to the onions and a sprinkle of cumin and a sprinkle of oregano. I'll add more next time. I didn't have any olives so I put onios on the top.

There ya go! Try warming the Tortillas in either oil or butter first and see if they roll better. Watch the street venders make Mexican Street food and all of them throw them on a hot plate with probably lard first before they make soft Taco's.

Actually forgot they were in the fridge but we had some left over that my wife put into a container. I microwaved them for lunch yesterday and I think I like the baked better. The Corn Tortillas has more of a chance to absorb the Chili and I liked the flavor better. Next time I will probably bake them, but it is an every 2-3 year dish for me. So........I'll probably forget.

Denny
Denny McLain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 09:30 AM   #19
goodscotch
Smoked another BBC

I did the hot oil first and then into the sauce but I must have been a little slow cause some of them came out of the sauce in pieces. It also make a hell of a mess on the stove. I've got leftovers for 2 lunches.
Old 01-30-2016, 01:37 PM   #20
Denny McLain
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodscotch View Post
I did the hot oil first and then into the sauce but I must have been a little slow cause some of them came out of the sauce in pieces. It also make a hell of a mess on the stove. I've got leftovers for 2 lunches.

The downside to making them. Stuff gets all over your hands and then all over everything else as you need to wash your hands after each one or it's even more of a mess. The only thing I've found that helps some keeping the mess down is create an assembly line with the plates touching each other. If it drips, it drips on one of the plates and not on the stove nor counter. Also do it right next to the sink with a towel handy. Good, but messy.

Denny
Denny McLain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2019, 12:52 PM   #21
cepx111
Former RJ instigator
Smoked Another SBC

I got this slated for the rotation this week.
cepx111 is offline   Reply With Quote