Don't put N/T on your window because you saw it on TV - Page 4 - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Grudge, No ET and No Prep Racing

Grudge, No ET and No Prep Racing Talk about Grudge and No ET racing. Trash talk is allowed. Use common sense when posting..

Old 02-26-2017, 08:10 AM   #46
mufflerguy
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: Don't put N/T on your window because you saw it on TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by 451Cuda View Post
I'd like to show up with a slant 6 Volare, put N/T on the window, have 3 people help me stage, then make a blistering 19 second run.
Set up your own grudge race.....with a kid on a 10 speed in the other lane!
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2017, 10:58 PM   #47
451Cuda
pump gas 451 just
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufflerguy View Post
Set up your own grudge race.....with a kid on a 10 speed in the other lane!
He might have to give me a fender, depending on what grade he's in.

451Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 10:43 AM   #48
app01
Pullin gears

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mex View Post
protree is the only way to go!F waiting for each damn light!
or do this Local nostalgia event last year.

670HP NA, AED Carb, head/intake work Duane Busch, Dyno work PK machine, GForce G101a 4-speed, Strange 9" , w/4:30 spool, 35 spline axles. 3540lbs
best so far is 9.911 @136.86
Build thread http://www.palmiericoncepts.com/My-M...inal-Build.htm
app01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 03:33 PM   #49
boostedt
Burnout box

Garage

i want to go to a race like that but with the girls topless
as long as i dont have to take my wife or daughters that day that is
1987 Turbo T, Gun Metal Grey, TE60, 60# injectors, Scan Master 2.1, Walbro 340 pump, Racetronix hot wire kit, 3" TH Downpipe, 2.5" Hooker exhaust, Accufab Adjustable FP Regulator, CK Performance Transmission, K&N cone filter, SMC Alky non-progressive, Turbo Tweak Alky Chip, Adjustable Waste Gate Actuator, 3.5" MAF, Translator, Powerlogger
boostedt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 07:56 PM   #50
bowtiewins
Smoked another BBC

My thoughts about N/T and the other moronic things the N/T bunch usually does:

N/T is for pussies. Anyone can easily find out what your car runs, regardless if it's not shown on the board. You're only fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

Spotters: With the exception of a very few cars, there is absolutely no need for 3-10 people on the line and backup spotters. All BS aside, it's ok to put a rear-view mirror in a race car. I've never needed a spotter on 35 years of racing and I don't need to worry about backing over a track worker or into another car sitting in the water box. I would like to see a rule that doesn't allow crew past the water box.

Dataloggers: It's pretty easy to put a toggle switch in the car to turn on the data-logger. Some say it's too much to remember at the line and crew needs to do it. If that's the argument, then I say you're lacking basic skills and shouldn't be racing if flipping a switch is too difficult.

Wheelie bars: Adjusting wheelie bars after the burnout. More monkey see monkey do and it screams unprepared rookie, inflated ego or both. There's plenty of time to do this back in the pits or staging lanes. There're tons of arguments about this but wheelie bars are sloppy and height changes with suspension position / load. It's not as critical as people think.
bowtiewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 07:58 PM   #51
bowtiewins
Smoked another BBC

I am willing to change my opinion about crew at the line if they are Hooters girls or better.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:51 PM   #52
mrdragster1970
T/S 368E
Smoked Another SBC

We always laugh at the goofs getting gas or at steak & shake when all of us pull in with our enclosed trailers, and actual race cars
and a bunch of kids with their bone stock mustangs, F-body's & foreign cars still have a number & N/C on the window!!!!

When I used to drive to the track, the 1st thing I did was clean the window so cops have less reason to hassle me!!!!!!!!!
I definitely didn't hang around acting hard core!!!!!!!!!!

For my babies, we will always remember.
In memory of Chris
Costa, you will never meet a nicer guy. I will never forget your kindness, when I needed it.
mrdragster1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:59 PM   #53
mrdragster1970
T/S 368E
Smoked Another SBC

Turning the computer on should be the last thing on your mind when you should be concentrating on staging perfect & hitting the tree.
I don't like doing it myself, I have enough to do checking N2O, box settings, relaxing & concentrating etc.

For my babies, we will always remember.
In memory of Chris
Costa, you will never meet a nicer guy. I will never forget your kindness, when I needed it.
mrdragster1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 12:17 PM   #54
boostedbowtie
Smoked Another SBC

My data logger starts when I reach 3500rpm on the brake and records for 20 secs .

I truly believe that having someone put you in the grove is important though . Even though I never have it done .

I dont run nitrous , but I dont see any problem letting someone turn the bottle on and off . I would forget that every fucking time .....lol

Last edited by boostedbowtie; 05-21-2017 at 12:18 PM.
boostedbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 01:29 PM   #55
bowtiewins
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedbowtie View Post
My data logger starts when I reach 3500rpm on the brake and records for 20 secs .

I truly believe that having someone put you in the grove is important though . Even though I never have it done .

I dont run nitrous , but I dont see any problem letting someone turn the bottle on and off . I would forget that every fucking time .....lol
I never have a problem remembering to turn on the nitrous but I do often forget to turn it off at the end of a run. I like how your data-logger is activated, great idea!
Old 05-21-2017, 01:33 PM   #56
Ken Schertz
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdragster1970 View Post

Turning the computer on should be the last thing on your mind when you should be concentrating on staging perfect & hitting the tree.
I don't like doing it myself, I have enough to do checking N2O, box settings, relaxing & concentrating etc.

First year for a Racepak here. (Shoulda got one years ago) Primarily, I did not want to drill a hole in my car for the switch so I mounted mine on the upper roll bar next to my switch box. All I have to do is, sometime between the burnout and staging, flip the switch. Pretty simple, right? Wrong! Never mind actual racing, I didn't make it thru my first test session to realize that, after 15 years, my routine was not going to include flipping a switch.

I do have a small PLC in the car. It used to do more back in the day, not so much now but, it does know when I am in 1st gear and when my LL button is pressed. The only time those things are on at the same time is when I am pre staged and that is when the PLC starts the record. Nobody can forget the switch now.
Ken Schertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 03:11 PM   #57
ty_ty13
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtiewins View Post

Wheelie bars: Adjusting wheelie bars after the burnout. More monkey see monkey do and it screams unprepared rookie, inflated ego or both. There's plenty of time to do this back in the pits or staging lanes. There're tons of arguments about this but wheelie bars are sloppy and height changes with suspension position / load. It's not as critical as people think.
wheelie bar height is very important when you're going fast..... its the difference between bogging your shit down or getting some wheelspeed and the difference in steering the car..... going fast is in the small details. you measure it at the starting line because its flat.... and because thats the only place that matters because thats where you launch the car.

http://www.racingjunk.com/Complete-R...aro-4.30s.html
ty_ty13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 12:23 AM   #58
bowtiewins
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_ty13 View Post
wheelie bar height is very important when you're going fast..... its the difference between bogging your shit down or getting some wheelspeed and the difference in steering the car..... going fast is in the small details. you measure it at the starting line because its flat.... and because thats the only place that matters because thats where you launch the car.
I was going to write something smartass but changed my mind. The fact is, bar adjustments can be made well before the water box and having crew at the line doing things that don't need to be done only holds up everyone else.

Every year I find myself sitting longer and longer in the staging lanes so that wannabe grudge racers can pretend to be fast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2017, 09:15 AM   #59
joe cool
Pullin gears

I like the guys that walk up to the line and hold their weather station up about eye level and then spin around a couple of times to get a reading , whos hood scoop is that tall?
joe cool is offline   Reply With Quote