Which block bbc - Page 5 - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Technical Section > Turbo Charged - Precision Turbo & Engine

Turbo Charged - Precision Turbo & Engine

Old 03-29-2019, 12:50 AM   #61
izcain
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: Which block bbc

Starting to look more like a car.

Some more progress. Hopefully tomorrow we can get the other side downpipe finished and the wastegates hung.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Old 03-29-2019, 06:58 AM   #62
James2
Spooled up

Looking good! You gonna use an intercooler?
James2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 11:05 AM   #63
izcain
Smoked another BBC

Yes chiseled is making an intercooler for inside the car on the passenger side, and making a custom water box, trans cooler, and fuel cell for the rear. The guy at chiseled is a good dude! Very quick response time!

By the time its done it will just be tubes everywhere I guess lol

Last edited by izcain; 03-29-2019 at 11:07 AM.
izcain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 08:09 PM   #64
James2
Spooled up

Nice- hey, if you don’t mind... what’s the center-to-center distance on the turbos, and what’s the dimensions of the radiator? Looks like the engine is set back; I won’t be able to do that.

Was kinda looking at how petec511 (on the bullet) set his turbos up. Haven’t seen that he’s active on the bullet anymore though.

Your setup is looking good. Can’t wait to see it make some noise!
James2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 10:36 PM   #65
EXILEPERFORMANCE
Burnout box

Did you get your block yet? I'm looking at getting a block from him and want to know what real world turn around time is...
EXILEPERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 12:35 AM   #66
izcain
Smoked another BBC

His block is what has stalled the whole project to a crawl. I wont be racing this season with the car now.
I have everything I need to put the engine together but NO block. A real bummer. Lowell is a nice guy, but impossible to get ahold of and we have waited and waited. It has now turned into no timeframe.

I spoke with another guy that waited 15 months to get his........ I really hope it doesnt turn into that long.
I literally have no idea when I will see a block though.

It has already been darn near paid for so we are kinda locked in otherwise we might have tried to do something different. It has been a real pisser to be honest.

Sounded like he was having foundry issues and machining issues. That was a few weeks ago. Im not blaming Lowell, I do wish however that he would keep me a little more informed as to whats going on.

Old 05-24-2019, 01:47 AM   #67
bowtie64rcr
Pre-Staged

Just FYI, I purchased a block from Lowell back in the summer of 2011. It is a solid block with stepped sleeve bores, relocated lifters for big chief heads, a larger cam tunnel, and larger head studs. If I recall correctly, it took 13 months to get when he quoted 5-6 months. He also was supposed to sub out a dry sump oil pan that I asked for a custom removable bottom plate that allowed bearing inspection without removing the hoses. Needless to say I have never received the pan and finally gave up.

I was building the car for ADRL extreme ten five and never completed the engine. Still have the block, solid heads ported by Reher Morrison, intake, (2) custom camshafts, and a Bryant billet crank with hemi rod diameters / rear flange.
bowtie64rcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 02:07 AM   #68
izcain
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtie64rcr View Post
Just FYI, I purchased a block from Lowell back in the summer of 2011. It is a solid block with stepped sleeve bores, relocated lifters for big chief heads, a larger cam tunnel, and larger head studs. If I recall correctly, it took 13 months to get when he quoted 5-6 months. He also was supposed to sub out a dry sump oil pan that I asked for a custom removable bottom plate that allowed bearing inspection without removing the hoses. Needless to say I have never received the pan and finally gave up.

I was building the car for ADRL extreme ten five and never completed the engine. Still have the block, solid heads ported by Reher Morrison, intake, (2) custom camshafts, and a Bryant billet crank with hemi rod diameters / rear flange.
After speaking with a few people that appears to be the MO they wait for so long everything drops off and they dont complete it. Really sad. I wished I would have known this beforehand. All I heard was good things until the waiting began lol

I looked into billet but heard the horror stories that way also. Not sure how these other guys do it that I see running, unless they just loaded it into a dart block and went racing haha.

Course it sounds like parts are alot easier to get for say a 481x or something of the sort. Maybe it was the platform we decided to work with.

We are behind the ball this year totally lol Spent all winter working on this turbo build. Only to not be able to get parts, or wait crazy amounts of time for stuff.

Which in turn has resulted in all 3 of our cars town down in various stages of upgrades. We should have just pulled off and got the other two cars ready since they are not the extent of this one. Now we are scrambling to at least get one online haha

I can tell you I have definetly figured out which companies to go to from now on to get things done in a timely fashion. Since we have dealt with at least 30+ on this build. Live and learn.

Old 05-26-2019, 05:41 PM   #69
Lowwlife
Pullin gears

Man, you're not having much luck!

Sorry to hear about all the hold ups.

Look, if you're really needing an engine now to race, I'd be willing to sell you my 3100+ combo.
Mojave Mile 206.4MPH

Steve Morris 477CI TTBBC For Sale

https://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/s...5#post70979165

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Qu9-SFcD0
Lowwlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 01:05 AM   #70
izcain
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowwlife View Post
Man, you're not having much luck!

Sorry to hear about all the hold ups.

Look, if you're really needing an engine now to race, I'd be willing to sell you my 3100+ combo.
Hey thanks man!

Yea if it gets to carried away I might have to talk with you lol

Did you build a conventional head deal also?

Really hoping I hear something so at least I will know I can put it together this winter.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:58 AM   #71
Lowwlife
Pullin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by izcain View Post
Hey thanks man!

Yea if it gets to carried away I might have to talk with you lol

Did you build a conventional head deal also?

Really hoping I hear something so at least I will know I can put it together this winter.
Yes, conventional headed. Almost spot on to what you're building with less cubes. The video pull is in my sig.
Mojave Mile 206.4MPH

Steve Morris 477CI TTBBC For Sale

https://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/s...5#post70979165

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Qu9-SFcD0
Lowwlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 06:55 AM   #72
FATI
Burnout box

Guys about new cuntury, I am having an issue with them, I placed an order on May and I supposed to be done somewhere Jun or July but I never heard from Lowell till today and I already paid a deposit and I don't know what to do, I kept sending emails and Facebook but man it's just nobody there. Any advice
FATI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 08:04 AM   #73
10sec_rx7
Smoked another BBC

we ordered a Energy block and had it in 3 weeks... $12500usd with lifter bores etc all done..

I would have no issues ordering off them again,

sorry to hear about your problems, we were warned not to buy a new century for that exact reason
315 radial
3300lb land barge...
10sec_rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 10:32 AM   #74
FATI
Burnout box

I was between billet ls from energy block and the new century performance.

If things didn't work well with the new century I might go to energy ls block because of the price was close and won't take more than a month to be delivered.
FATI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2019, 11:38 AM   #75
izcain
Smoked another BBC

Been waiting for our new century block for 10 months now. Ruined the project and the season over it honestly. Was supposed to be less then 3 months. Horrible communication. Last conversation when we finally got ahold of him was get us our block or get us our money back (ours is almost all the way paid for. That was a whole nother mistake on our part.) I have heard for two months that the blocks are up at energy being machined.

We should have went cn or energy directly. Billet only. Chuck at cn has always been helpful.

Not sure myself what to do other then to start taking the appropriate actions if it goes to much longer.

Never again, I learned my lesson.

Sorry to hear other people are having issues also. I was wondering.