BEWARE OF STIFFLERS...... THEY JUST STIFFED MY KID - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Classifieds Feedback > Negative seller/buyer feedback

Negative seller/buyer feedback This section is designed to keep everyone informed on bad experiences when buying and selling parts.

Old 04-28-2017, 06:04 PM   #1
gpherbert
Spooled up

Garage
Default BEWARE OF STIFFLERS...... THEY JUST STIFFED MY KID

Tried to return Stifflers cross member this week. Now the piece I returned was complete, minus 1 mounting bolt i couldnt find, never installed and in perfect condition and cost $145.00 new. Stifflers OK'd the return over the phone but now won't exchange it. Tells me i should sell it online then call them back.

How about I just let others know what kind of business you run. You OK'd the return then retracted it. design change is the reason you won't exchange. Design change, please its a piece of 1" tubing with powdercoating. Then sensing how pissed I was with his answer he tells me he will swap it out and proceeds to curse me while hanging up on me. Guess you though I didnt hear you ah Brian. Its all good, cost me $145.00 bucks to never do business with you and be told a second time you would swap it out. Never again and now a lifetime I get to bash these pricks.
gpherbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2017, 09:14 PM   #2
Blaine B.
The Dude Abides
Smoked Another SBC

Garage
Default Re: BEWARE OF STIFFLERS...... THEY JUST STIFFED MY KID

Pics of his mom?
Blaine B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:17 PM   #3
440roadrunner
Smoked Another SBC

Us Mopar guys don't have to worry about this kind of shit. We just build our own.
Old 04-28-2017, 09:45 PM   #4
CBMAMF5
Smoked another BBC

How long did you have the part?
CBMAMF5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 12:31 AM   #5
Lumbergh
Smoked Another SBC

^Good question.
I'm all for bashing if it's justified but we need better details to be able to decide who's right here, you giving a brief story doesn't really do it IMO.
Lumbergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 10:41 AM   #6
Mi.5.0Fred
Smoked Another SBC

Sounds like you got "Stiffed".
I saw those guys at Bradenton and their stuff looked good. I guess you have to be careful if and when you deal with them.

No one wants the Lead Trophy, but everyone wants the Titanium Hall Pass.
I have gone through the traps upside down and on fire, but I have never seen Elvis at 1000 feet.
Mi.5.0Fred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 11:58 AM   #7
Sniper2015
Burnout box

Perhaps you should hear the full story. This is from the Stifflers Facebook page:

VENTING!

Bear with us, this might be long. Customer contacts us and wants to exchange an unused crossmember because he decided to install a different transmission. He sends it back only then for us to realize it was originally purchased in 2015! Besides being well past our 90 day return policy, that item has had a design update since he purchased it so this crossmember cannot simply be repackaged and returned to stock.

Upon trying to explain this to the customer we are berated, cussed at and ridiculed, all without being able to get a word in elsewise. If that wasnít enough, he then proceeds to blackmail us stating he will defame us on social media if we donít send him a new part!

Through the years we've gone above and beyond for our customers and are extremely proud of our customer service. We've sent out free replacement parts when the customer has lost them, given special consideration for racers, rushed shipped parts on our dime and countless other things to keep our customers happy.

We would have likely done the same in this instance had we been given the same respect and courtesy we give our customers. This is a small industry and we are aware that people talk, but if you think we're not going to share this story you're wrong. We know racing takes money and help from companies is always welcomed, but acting belligerent is not the way to win support. Good luck.
Sniper2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 02:27 PM   #8
TooFast98Cobra
Smoked another BBC

Bam
TooFast98Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 06:27 PM   #9
Mi.5.0Fred
Smoked Another SBC

Glad to see the company come on here and tell their side. I never judge a company from one complaint, but am more cautious until more research is done.

No one wants the Lead Trophy, but everyone wants the Titanium Hall Pass.
I have gone through the traps upside down and on fire, but I have never seen Elvis at 1000 feet.
Mi.5.0Fred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 06:46 PM   #10
MN Hemi
The Phantom Machinist
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper2015 View Post
Perhaps you should hear the full story. This is from the Stifflers Facebook page:

VENTING!

Bear with us, this might be long. Customer contacts us and wants to exchange an unused crossmember because he decided to install a different transmission. He sends it back only then for us to realize it was originally purchased in 2015! Besides being well past our 90 day return policy, that item has had a design update since he purchased it so this crossmember cannot simply be repackaged and returned to stock.

Upon trying to explain this to the customer we are berated, cussed at and ridiculed, all without being able to get a word in elsewise. If that wasnít enough, he then proceeds to blackmail us stating he will defame us on social media if we donít send him a new part!

Through the years we've gone above and beyond for our customers and are extremely proud of our customer service. We've sent out free replacement parts when the customer has lost them, given special consideration for racers, rushed shipped parts on our dime and countless other things to keep our customers happy.

We would have likely done the same in this instance had we been given the same respect and courtesy we give our customers. This is a small industry and we are aware that people talk, but if you think we're not going to share this story you're wrong. We know racing takes money and help from companies is always welcomed, but acting belligerent is not the way to win support. Good luck.
BOOM! The truth shall set you free.
MN Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 06:55 PM   #11
bambam598
NITROUS OUTLET FTW
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpherbert View Post
Tried to return Stifflers cross member this week. Now the piece I returned was complete, minus 1 mounting bolt i couldnt find, never installed and in perfect condition and cost $145.00 new. Stifflers OK'd the return over the phone but now won't exchange it. Tells me i should sell it online then call them back.

How about I just let others know what kind of business you run. You OK'd the return then retracted it. design change is the reason you won't exchange. Design change, please its a piece of 1" tubing with powdercoating. Then sensing how pissed I was with his answer he tells me he will swap it out and proceeds to curse me while hanging up on me. Guess you though I didnt hear you ah Brian. Its all good, cost me $145.00 bucks to never do business with you and be told a second time you would swap it out. Never again and now a lifetime I get to bash these pricks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper2015 View Post

VENTING!

hey op...... you gotsa answer to this?????
bambam598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 06:58 PM   #12
Freudian Slit
Smoked another BBC

Damn dude...really?
Old 05-01-2017, 07:15 PM   #13
CBMAMF5
Smoked another BBC

God I'm good OP is a dumbass.
CBMAMF5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 05:20 PM   #14
racestatus
Smoked another BBC

Garage

right off the rip op's story sounded like shit

Racestatus Garage
Team Z Motorsports
Motion Raceworks
Vibrant performance
Monkey Fab Garage
FCS Race
racestatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2017, 06:53 PM   #15
Jebchevelle
Smoked Another SBC

Garage

well the thing that got me right from the start is how could it be "complete" if it was missing a bolt?
78 malibu 402 eddy heads,174 B&M,th350,9" 3:70, Sniper EFI, 26X8.50-15" slicks.
96 chevy 1500, tow vehicle.
03 yz85 fun pit bike.
69 vw Baja 1679cc.
04 scion XB daily driver.
Jebchevelle is offline   Reply With Quote