Beware of Dambest Carburetors!!! - Page 2 - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Classifieds Feedback > Negative seller/buyer feedback

Negative seller/buyer feedback This section is designed to keep everyone informed on bad experiences when buying and selling parts.

Old 07-21-2016, 11:02 AM   #16
Michael Lanigan
Big Trev is a great guy!
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: Beware of Dambest Carburetors!!!

The OP bought the carb 9 years ago? For real? Holy cow, has he just awoken from a coma?
Michael Lanigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2016, 10:08 AM   #17
Rum Runner
Burnout box

John,
I was primarily interested in hearing why you were absent from the BLP Carb shootouts. It speaks volumes about your product, the lack of confidence you have to compete against "65 year old technology".

You are correct, I did purchase these carburetors quite some time ago. My last purchase was in 2009, 7 years ago. I must commend you, you are consistent in the fact, that your data is always skewed.
Thank you for responding, even if it contained no clarification. It did however, serve as a great example to all reading, on how you avoid answering questions, and lack accountability. I see nothing has changed.
Once again, my message is the same …. Research all options prior to investing hard earned money with this company.
Best Regards,
Daniel
Rum Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 01:14 PM   #18
BilletCarb
Burnout box

Dan,
7 or 9 ,, what is the difference? It just means I did no go back in my records,, I just relied on your response for my info.

I did not go to BLP's shoot out because I did not have the time, nor do I want to educate the competition to the different tuning systems I use. I did then, and I do now , just beat them at the race track.

I fell sorry for you! And I am sure many others do too !

John
BilletCarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 06:16 PM   #19
Rum Runner
Burnout box

Hello John,
I am not going to explain the difference between the numbers 7 and 9… Sadly this confirms why my carburetor was shipped with two different size primary jets.
You did not rely on my response for the 9 year figure, please re-read previous posts (another great example of skewed data).
Your statement about not going to the BLP Shootout, to avoid educating the competition, and that you simply beat them at the racetrack, sounded great. Unfortunately, the jury is still out on that one. The experience I have had with two of your carburetors, has proven otherwise. I found the part about educating the competition, very condescending to the participants. You make some bold statements, and when the time comes to prove it, you are no where to be found.
I am glad you validated the issues I stated initially, by creating the upgrades.

In your best interest, I feel we should end it here.. My point has been made. Your responses have clearly supported my claims on your poor customer service. I invested in your company, by attending your week long class and purchasing two carburetors ($4000 total). When I called you for help, you were confrontational, and hung up on me the last time we spoke, so much for " half the purchase price is for the service we provide," as stated on your website. Apparently, you did not “fell” that sorry for me.
Good Luck,
Daniel
Rum Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 11:26 PM   #20
bigblockmark
Smoked another BBC

It's kinda a mute issue for 95% of racers as they are more expensive than that 95% will pay for even if they are what they are supposed to be. Like $400 clear plastic BBC valve covers. They look really good, but hardly anyone will pay that for them
bigblockmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 11:04 AM   #21
BilletCarb
Burnout box

Dan, this thread has more about bringing you into the light for me, than defending my answers.
Your ego would not accept the experienced answers I gave you before. You wanted to debate the solutions then. Your ego just would not allow you not to win the debate you wanted to have then. So you have been carrying that with you all this time. ( Sorry for you ! )
Your ego would not allow the answers I gave to your snippier attack to stand. So came into the light and gave your full name and city you live in. Then you decided you wanted to debate my answers and bring none related question in, like all bullies do. If you can’t win the original question debate,,, change the question?
There are dozens of notable carburetor modifiers who did not attend BLP’s Carb Shootout. To mention any of their names would mean, I would negate the personal reason for not going. That would be wrong of me to do so! I can say this,, BLP themselves did not compete in their own shootout. You may want to start your questions there first, as they were there anyway.
So,,, I am suggesting, before any of my customers, vendors and even competitors (that I have had for more than 47 year long) do business with;

Daniel Pana from Chicago Illinois, beware!!!!

Before, I felt sorry for you,, now I am praying for you!

John
BilletCarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 03:13 PM   #22
jhix
Pre-Staged

FWIW. The Pena Family is a class act. Nothing to "beware" of unless you are racing one of them.
jhix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 04:54 PM   #23
Randy Wilson
Smoked Another SBC

All I know is I own 13, count em, 13 modified Nhra legal 750's from some of the premier carb builders known to man, and I had damn best do 1,yes 1, and it ran to the thoudanths of the best of the 13. Also, had him do 1, yes 1 set of old 660's, and they were 15 HP better then a pair that came on a comp motor from a very reputable builder. Also I have one done by a highly regarded carb builder that is 100 HP down from my best stuff, and I ain't bashing him because I know several people who have had great carbs from him. Just refreshing an old thread. Dambest in my opinion is one of the best. And we have set a couple records in SS with him.
Randy Wilson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 04:04 PM   #24
WickEdSix98
Launchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Wilson View Post
All I know is I own 13, count em, 13 modified Nhra legal 750's from some of the premier carb builders known to man, and I had damn best do 1,yes 1, and it ran to the thoudanths of the best of the 13. Also, had him do 1, yes 1 set of old 660's, and they were 15 HP better then a pair that came on a comp motor from a very reputable builder. Also I have one done by a highly regarded carb builder that is 100 HP down from my best stuff, and I ain't bashing him because I know several people who have had great carbs from him. Just refreshing an old thread. Dambest in my opinion is one of the best. And we have set a couple records in SS with him.
We don't own that many different pairs of carbs but our billet ultimate dominator were .06-.08 quicker to the 1/8th than our old carbs from a big name, out of the box!
WickEdSix98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2017, 12:05 PM   #25
Randy Wilson
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickEdSix98 View Post
We don't own that many different pairs of carbs but our billet ultimate dominator were .06-.08 quicker to the 1/8th than our old carbs from a big name, out of the box!
Carburetors are like converters. No two are identical, and no builder is perfect. I say just get with one, and stick it out. Whatever you're running that's fast, stick with it.
Randy Wilson is online now   Reply With Quote