Chris Straub (Straub Technologies ) - Page 5 - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Classifieds Feedback > Negative seller/buyer feedback

Negative seller/buyer feedback This section is designed to keep everyone informed on bad experiences when buying and selling parts.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:47 PM   #61
killer puller
Launchin

Default Re: Chris Straub (Straub Technologies )

I look forward to possibly driving the truck with your engine in it. It's going to be a good time for sure. It's going to be a busy season keeping 3 of them in tune.
killer puller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2016, 10:10 PM   #62
CamKing
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer puller View Post
There is blue paint between a couple lobes .
For the record. The paint is put on by the core manufacturer as an identifier.
http://jonescams.com
[email protected]
CamKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 02:11 AM   #63
killer puller
Launchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamKing View Post
For the record. The paint is put on by the core manufacturer as an identifier.

I have purchased a fair amount of camshafts and have never seen this before. The last 2 I got from Chris are the first I have seen of this. The first time I saw it, I told Chris I suspected it to be a reground camshaft and he got upset with me. I guess he was justified in so doing. I am obviously wrong about my assumption of them being re-ground. I have apologized to Chris privately and will do so again here. Is this something all the camshaft grinders are doing lately?
killer puller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 10:57 AM   #64
CamKing
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer puller View Post
I have purchased a fair amount of camshafts and have never seen this before. The last 2 I got from Chris are the first I have seen of this. The first time I saw it, I told Chris I suspected it to be a reground camshaft and he got upset with me. I guess he was justified in so doing. I am obviously wrong about my assumption of them being re-ground. I have apologized to Chris privately and will do so again here. Is this something all the camshaft grinders are doing lately?
It's not the camshaft grinders. It's one of the companies we buy the cam cores from. There's 3 major cam core suppliers. One of those is EPC. They make billet and cast cores, and use different colored paint to mark and Identify their cores. They have done so for longer then I've been in the business. I've got over 40 brand new cam cores in-line to be ground, and all the EPC cores have paint on them. The cores from the other manufacturers do not.

I'm not picking on you. I just wanted to make this clear, for all the others that read this thread.
http://jonescams.com
[email protected]
CamKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 01:26 PM   #65
GT 350
Grizzly
Smoked Another SBC

Wow... I wouldn't deal with any of ya...thanks for letting me know
GT 350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 09:59 PM   #66
BigAl285
Burnout box

I've ordered 2 cams from Chris. I've been very happy with the results and I'm by no means a engine builder. My latest order was cam and springs. I got everything and took them to the guy who I was having do my machining work. He didn't agree with the springs and I was out in left field with it. I talked to chris and explained why I wanted to return the springs. Its hard to send springs without seeing the build or giving him measurements so thats my fault. He allowed me to return them and paid for shipping. This was my first race engine build, I was super nervous and I'd say more annoying than usual. I got the motor assembled and broke in with help of some good buddies. Got it dynoed and then sent chris the results. He just wanted to make sure I was happy, go through everything that I did. I thought that was pretty nice for him to do that and say I did a great job on it. I'm more than happy with the motor. He even told me different things to do to help with the oiling of the motor before the motor was assembled.
BigAl285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 10:26 PM   #67
Salrobertson
Pre-Staged

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamKing View Post
It's not the camshaft grinders. It's one of the companies we buy the cam cores from. There's 3 major cam core suppliers. One of those is EPC. They make billet and cast cores, and use different colored paint to mark and Identify their cores. They have done so for longer then I've been in the business. I've got over 40 brand new cam cores in-line to be ground, and all the EPC cores have paint on them. The cores from the other manufacturers do not.

I'm not picking on you. I just wanted to make this clear, for all the others that read this thread.
Is it bad if a cam is a regrounded?
Salrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 05:49 AM   #68
rodent4
Busy being a cunt
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salrobertson View Post
Is it bad if a cam is a regrounded?
Probably only if it's a regrounded badly
rodent4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 05:57 AM   #69
rodent4
Busy being a cunt
Smoked Another SBC

Gotta give credit where credit is due, I've a Straub cam in my turder and it performed as expected

That said, I wouldn't attempt a purchase from Chris as he's too hard to deal with, best to go though a 3rd party or look elsewhere.

Chris, maybe spend more time honing your people skills than blowing your own trumpet, or having your whipping boy blow it for you.
rodent4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:11 PM   #70
cstraub
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodent4 View Post
Gotta give credit where credit is due, I've a Straub cam in my turder and it performed as expected

That said, I wouldn't attempt a purchase from Chris as he's too hard to deal with, best to go though a 3rd party or look elsewhere.

Chris, maybe spend more time honing your people skills than blowing your own trumpet, or having your whipping boy blow it for you.
I apologize if my customer service was lacking at some point. I have not been able to keep up with growth when it comes to adding staff. My insecurity of not being able to pay people makes me very conservative because in the end I am responsible for my people. I've gotten better but not quite there.

I hope in future you will give us a second chance. Thank you.
[email protected]
www.straubtechnologies.com
www.distributorgears.com
cstraub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 04:43 PM   #71
ytoddmalibu
Launchin

Garage

Hey Chris,

Just wanted to say thanks and still very pleased with everything I have purchased for the 565 build ,cam, lifters, pushrods, rocker arms and intake also all the cylinder head setup work from Scott.

Todd P

RIP JUli Pasch love of my life forever 10/11/1963-4/28/2014
ytoddmalibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 05:46 PM   #72
cstraub
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytoddmalibu View Post
Hey Chris,

Just wanted to say thanks and still very pleased with everything I have purchased for the 565 build ,cam, lifters, pushrods, rocker arms and intake also all the cylinder head setup work from Scott.

Todd P
Thank you Todd.
[email protected]
www.distributorgears.com
Old 04-07-2016, 04:51 PM   #73
Notalent
Launchin

For what its worth I have dealt with Chris for many years for custom camshafts in allot of our builds, Morel Lifters and lately what seems like over 100 distributor gears for SBF. Never had an issue with anything really and if there was a defective lifter (maybe one or two) he took care of it. He has always met his numbers on HP/TQ. The one time a camshaft came in a little smaller than we were expecting on lift for a personal friends LS build and was just short on power on paper that we were shooting for, Chris told us to put it in the car, if it didn't perform like my friend wanted he would send us a new camshaft....that's customer service. Car runs like a champ and cant get traction as it is, pulls like a damn freight train.

#SatisfiedCustomer

Brandon.

ATK HP ENGINES

WWW.HIGH-PERFORMANCE-ENGINES.COM

Custom built Street/Strip/Racing Engines!

Follow us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/?sk=welcome#...49964895082371
Notalent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 05:31 PM   #74
cstraub
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notalent View Post
For what its worth I have dealt with Chris for many years for custom camshafts in allot of our builds, Morel Lifters and lately what seems like over 100 distributor gears for SBF. Never had an issue with anything really and if there was a defective lifter (maybe one or two) he took care of it. He has always met his numbers on HP/TQ. The one time a camshaft came in a little smaller than we were expecting on lift for a personal friends LS build and was just short on power on paper that we were shooting for, Chris told us to put it in the car, if it didn't perform like my friend wanted he would send us a new camshaft....that's customer service. Car runs like a champ and cant get traction as it is, pulls like a damn freight train.

#SatisfiedCustomer

Brandon.
And coming from the largest mfg of engines in the USA I appreciate the feedback and support sir.
[email protected]
www.distributorgears.com

Last edited by cstraub; 04-11-2016 at 05:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2016, 12:33 PM   #75
GT 350
Grizzly
Smoked Another SBC

I still wouldn't deal with any of you
GT 350 is offline   Reply With Quote