Chris Straub (Straub Technologies ) - Page 4 - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Classifieds Feedback > Negative seller/buyer feedback

Negative seller/buyer feedback This section is designed to keep everyone informed on bad experiences when buying and selling parts.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:54 PM   #46
killer puller
Launchin

Default Re: Chris Straub (Straub Technologies )

Chris is obviously highly protected on the bullet. I have been getting pm,s from people saying they tried to post and can't on this thread. Anyway, here's one I got that asked that I post what he sent me. From JRonfel66

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/1per...er-slower.html

Here is my experience with Chris Straub. Unlike Dart540, I was unable to put the cam up for sale. When I pulled it 2 weeks ago, the #8 lobe had what appeared to be a casting defect. I contacted Chris to ask if he or Bullet was going to stand behind it. He said to send it back and he would have bullet take care of it. Chris received the cam back on Tuesday and I haven't heard on how it will be handled.

Good luck with that JRonfel66, I had a camshaft defect and Nothing was done to rectify it. Also I have had 2 camshafts sent to me from Chris that were obviously reground. They had paint on them from a prior build and you could see the wear from the distributor gear on the camshaft. So now he can repair the camshaft you just sent him and sell it to another sucker and you JRonfel66 get to purchase another. It's probably easier to go directly to Bullet. Just a suggestion.
killer puller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2016, 12:59 PM   #47
killer puller
Launchin

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/1per...er-slower.html
Old 03-17-2016, 01:11 PM   #48
killer puller
Launchin

Apparently you can't post links to other threads here. Even that gets edited.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:31 PM   #49
cstraub
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer puller View Post
Good luck with that JRonfel66, I had a camshaft defect and Nothing was done to rectify it. Also I have had 2 camshafts sent to me from Chris that were obviously reground. They had paint on them from a prior build and you could see the wear from the distributor gear on the camshaft. So now he can repair the camshaft you just sent him and sell it to another sucker and you JRonfel66 get to purchase another. It's probably easier to go directly to Bullet. Just a suggestion.
Ken Wiebe....The above statement is 100% Libel. I have never shipped out a cam on a used core and said it was new. Every cam is serial numbered and will have a core record of what it was. You either remove that false statement or you will have a letter from my attorney.
[email protected]
www.straubtechnologies.com
www.distributorgears.com
cstraub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 02:19 PM   #50
killer puller
Launchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstraub View Post
Ken Wiebe....The above statement is 100% Libel. I have never shipped out a cam on a used core and said it was new. Every cam is serial numbered and will have a core record of what it was. You either remove that false statement or you will have a letter from my attorney.
I'll tell you what Chris. I will send you pictures and then let you decide. The 1 cam is in a engine that has never ran yet. Maybe you need to talk to your cam supplier.
Old 03-17-2016, 02:22 PM   #51
cstraub
Smoked another BBC

At this point it is a legal issue.
[email protected]
www.distributorgears.com
Old 03-17-2016, 02:29 PM   #52
Chris Uratchko
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Chris is obviously highly protected on the bullet. I have been getting pm,s from people saying they tried to post and can't on this thread. Anyway, here's one I got that asked that I post what he sent me. From JRonfel66

False.
Chris Uratchko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 02:29 PM   #53
Chris Uratchko
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Apparently you can't post links to other threads here. Even that gets edited.
False again. Your version of reality seems to be somewhat warped.
Chris Uratchko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 02:45 PM   #54
killer puller
Launchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Uratchko View Post
Well what I typed, isn't what showed up in the post. One could only assume.
Old 03-17-2016, 02:55 PM   #55
killer puller
Launchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Uratchko View Post
Well what I typed, isn't what showed up in the post. One could only assume.
Old 03-17-2016, 04:45 PM   #56
bad 68 chevelle
Smoked another BBC

Well I'm not picking sides on this matter but I will say I had a Shafiroff 582 that we put a Straub cam in and it picked up 3 tenths. I just put one of his cams in a 496 for a friend and he is extremely happy. Goodluck with this this whole deal.
Old 03-17-2016, 05:40 PM   #57
cstraub
Smoked another BBC

[QUOTE=Good luck with that JRonfel66, I had a camshaft defect and Nothing was done to rectify it. Also I have had 2 camshafts sent to me from Chris that were obviously reground. They had paint on them from a prior build and you could see the wear from the distributor gear on the camshaft. So now he can repair the camshaft you just sent him and sell it to another sucker and you JRonfel66 get to purchase another. It's probably easier to go directly to Bullet. Just a suggestion.[/QUOTE]

I have contacted John Partridge at Bullet cams. All Bullet cams have an etched serial number on the camshaft. Bullet ground the cams that were sent to Ken Wiebe, Killer Puller, or to my other customer that Wiebe was a customer of. All serial numbers show that all 4 cams were ground on BRAND NEW CORES at Bullet. Documentation from Bullet to Straub Tech on invoices list the serial numbers. This number can be matched to camshaft, cam card, and invoice.

I above statement by Ken Wiebe, Killer Puller is 100% FALSE.
[email protected]
www.distributorgears.com
Old 03-17-2016, 06:33 PM   #58
killer puller
Launchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstraub View Post
I have contacted John Partridge at Bullet cams. All Bullet cams have an etched serial number on the camshaft. Bullet ground the cams that were sent to Ken Wiebe, Killer Puller, or to my other customer that Wiebe was a customer of. All serial numbers show that all 4 cams were ground on BRAND NEW CORES at Bullet. Documentation from Bullet to Straub Tech on invoices list the serial numbers. This number can be matched to camshaft, cam card, and invoice.

I above statement by Ken Wiebe, Killer Puller is 100% FALSE.
If that is the case I will apologize publicly. I don't believe it is Chris. I told you about the cam that I put in the 530 when I installed it. There's no way to prove that one any more. The one I have not ran is in a short block that has not yet ran. I can tear it down and take pics. There is blue paint between a couple lobes and the gear looks like it has been run before. It would be good for you to see it and if that is how they are supposed to look we will all know. So for now let's assume that they were on new cores until it can be proven.
Old 03-17-2016, 07:53 PM   #59
killer puller
Launchin

I have contacted Chris Straub and we have settled our differences. We don't agree on everything even still but our differences can be hashed out between the 2 of us and not in front of the whole world. Things escalated way to far for no good reason. Nothing good has or can come out of such a thread. Chris did ask that I post that the 6.0 with the camshaft swap runs like a scalded dog. It's the truth for anyone looking to do a 6.0 LQ4. The one I did needed a custom tune. Chris did not think that was the norm. I would like to apologize to Straub Tech for any damage this may have caused you and look forward to dealing with you in the future. So with that I will wait for a response from Chris at which time I will ask that this thread be removed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2016, 08:07 PM   #60
cstraub
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
I have contacted Chris Straub and we have settled our differences. We don't agree on everything even still but our differences can be hashed out between the 2 of us and not in front of the whole world. Things escalated way to far for no good reason. Nothing good has or can come out of such a thread. Chris did ask that I post that the 6.0 with the camshaft swap runs like a scalded dog. It's the truth for anyone looking to do a 6.0 LQ4. The one I did needed a custom tune. Chris did not think that was the norm. I would like to apologize to Straub Tech for any damage this may have caused you and look forward to dealing with you in the future. So with that I will wait for a response from Chris at which time I will ask that this thread be removed.
Ken,
I appreciate the call sir. We are both passionate about what we do and if we weren't we would not be good at it. I had no reputation when I entered the world but I will have one when I leave. That reputation is very important to me.

I accept the apology Ken. I apologize for embarrassing you in front of the board. I did not handle that in the right way. For that I am sorry.

I am glad that everything we have done is running good and I am sure if brother lets you drive one night you will enjoy the Thor engine also.

Last I apologize to the board. I've let some of you down I know. All I can do is learn from this and move forward. Thank you.
[email protected]
www.distributorgears.com