Another max effort twin turbo rods question thread.... - Page 2 - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Technical Section > Turbo Charged - Precision Turbo & Engine

Turbo Charged - Precision Turbo & Engine

Old 10-15-2019, 02:19 AM   #16
nob00st
Pre-Staged

Default Re: Another max effort twin turbo rods question thread....

Oliver just came out (July 2019?) with an even stronger rod than the BB-MAX, it's called the BB-MAX PLUS. You'll also find quite a few Steve Morris builds using Oliver rods dynoing over 3000+HP on his YouTube channel.

nob00st is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2019, 12:19 AM   #17
nob00st
Pre-Staged

talked to the very nice people at Oliver today to inquire about these rods since I'm thinking about using them and they confirmed that while their standard BBMAX rods on paper are rated at 1600 hp on paper, they are indeed what Steve Morris and others have used on the 3000+ hp builds albeit with a CA625 rod bolt upgrade.

When I asked what the new BBMAX PLUS rods are rated at, the guy told me "2000+ hp, but as you know the standard BBMAX rods are rated at 1600 hp and has done 3000+ hp so you do the math..." So needless to say, the new BBMAX PLUS rods are very conservatively rated and likely handle whatever power you can make. They come with L19 bolts, but a CA625 bolt upgrade is available. He also told me the rod bolts are longer on the BBMAX PLUS rods to go further into the rod. Understand a steel rod at those power levels are not ideal but there are some other there that still wanna run them!

Last edited by nob00st; 10-19-2019 at 12:22 AM.
nob00st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 12:39 AM   #18
10sec_rx7
Smoked another BBC

olivers are strong as fuck... frank sapanaro runs them in his nova... its been 4.50's at 3800lb ....
315 radial
3300lb land barge...
10sec_rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2019, 06:09 PM   #19
Growler
Spooled up

I wonder how the new Callies Ultra Enforcers compare to these new BB Max Plus rods.. Any feedback on these new Enforcer rods yet?
Growler is online now   Reply With Quote