SBF heads - Page 2 - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Technical Section > Turbo Charged - Precision Turbo & Engine

Turbo Charged - Precision Turbo & Engine

Old 09-28-2019, 11:58 AM   #16
Pro-sc
Burnout box

Default Re: SBF heads

I am running these Brodix 210 cc heads that are CNC machined by Keith Craft. Not as much flow as the heads mentioned but more than enough for your goals. They are decent heads, running them on a 395w.

https://craftperformanceengines.com/heads7.html
Pro-sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2019, 01:35 PM   #17
Screwblower
Smoked Another SBC

A lot of good heads mentioned in here.
My suggestion is solely based on getting away from inline type heads. They are the easiest to lift under boost and experience the most gasket failures.
Screwblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 04:15 PM   #18
TurboII
Smoked Another SBC

Garage

I prefer canted valve heads but they are not always needed or practical. The Brodix Head Hunters can use a Super Victor 8.2 deck manifold but I had to make some custom end rail spacers on the waterjet and then machine them to fit. The ports are so high the end rail gaps are over .750". I screwed one half to the block and the other half to the intake leaving just enough room for a thin layer of RTV between them to maximize sealing. Holley has just released a new 8.2 deck High Ram manifold that is not really any taller overall than a Super Victor, carb and air cleaner. There would be less porting with this option. I spent a ton of hours porting the Super Victor and still don't like the small plenum area of the 4150 style intake. There is not a Dominator flanged intake commercially available that I know of. We may change this setup since we may now be going to port injection vs the Sniper TB EFI the customer already had before the build started and is now of questionable HP capacity.

KINETIC RACECRAFT
"Turning your potential into motion"
[email protected]
Dealer for: Haltech EFI, Billet Atomizer Injectors, ProTorque Converters

Coming Soon - 6000HP Mainline Pro Hub Dyno

Manifold EFI conversions, Fuel Hoop installation, Dry Deck Conversions, LS/LSX 1/2" Stud Conversions
Custom crimped AN hoses

"He who is without oil shall throw the first rod."
-Compressions 11.5:1
TurboII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 08:45 PM   #19
EnginerdII
Burnout box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growler View Post
Nice! Who's you use to do your TT setup? Can't seem to get any of the Foxbody turbo kit builders to respond..
Bought the headers a million years ago from Turbo Technologies. I fabbed everything else.
EnginerdII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 12:22 PM   #20
Growler
Spooled up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-sc View Post
I am running these Brodix 210 cc heads that are CNC machined by Keith Craft. Not as much flow as the heads mentioned but more than enough for your goals. They are decent heads, running them on a 395w.

https://craftperformanceengines.com/heads7.html
Nice.. Those flow numbers are right there with the AFR's and High Ports..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboII View Post
I prefer canted valve heads but they are not always needed or practical. The Brodix Head Hunters can use a Super Victor 8.2 deck manifold but I had to make some custom end rail spacers on the waterjet and then machine them to fit. The ports are so high the end rail gaps are over .750". I screwed one half to the block and the other half to the intake leaving just enough room for a thin layer of RTV between them to maximize sealing. Holley has just released a new 8.2 deck High Ram manifold that is not really any taller overall than a Super Victor, carb and air cleaner. There would be less porting with this option. I spent a ton of hours porting the Super Victor and still don't like the small plenum area of the 4150 style intake. There is not a Dominator flanged intake commercially available that I know of. We may change this setup since we may now be going to port injection vs the Sniper TB EFI the customer already had before the build started and is now of questionable HP capacity.
I saw that new Holley intake and like it a lot.. You think that will flow enough and be a nice match with these Head Hunters without any machine work? Honestly, I like this combo the best..
Growler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 02:08 PM   #21
Marbles87fox
Launchin

Forget about a compression ratio in the 8's. All that does is make the engine lazy out of boost and require more boost to achieve your goals. I ran 10:1 turbo street engines with no issues. Also, for your goal of 1400 or less you don't need anything near as expensive as canted valve or revised valve angle heads. An off the shelf set of 20* cnc'd heads will do just fine. AFR's are not junk. I have ran at least 8 sets of them and currently have 2 small blocks with 220 renegades on them. I also am a fan of the high port head. Either will get you where you want to be. The high ports have a thicker deck and will resist lifting a bit more it seams. But seriously, don't waste money of heads that will require different pistons, intake an d other parts just to get them to function. Your engine is small so utilize rpm to make up for that. Get a healthy cam that will let you spin 7000+ and use some of those larger runner 20* heads that you already have parts for. Have fun.
Marbles87fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:16 PM   #22
Growler
Spooled up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbles87fox View Post
Forget about a compression ratio in the 8's. All that does is make the engine lazy out of boost and require more boost to achieve your goals. I ran 10:1 turbo street engines with no issues. Also, for your goal of 1400 or less you don't need anything near as expensive as canted valve or revised valve angle heads. An off the shelf set of 20* cnc'd heads will do just fine. AFR's are not junk. I have ran at least 8 sets of them and currently have 2 small blocks with 220 renegades on them. I also am a fan of the high port head. Either will get you where you want to be. The high ports have a thicker deck and will resist lifting a bit more it seams. But seriously, don't waste money of heads that will require different pistons, intake an d other parts just to get them to function. Your engine is small so utilize rpm to make up for that. Get a healthy cam that will let you spin 7000+ and use some of those larger runner 20* heads that you already have parts for. Have fun.
Great post and advice, thank you sir
Growler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 06:18 PM   #23
EnginerdII
Burnout box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbles87fox View Post
This..
EnginerdII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 11:06 PM   #24
7secTurboLX
Pre-Staged

I agree with Marbles & Enginerd...I run Edelbrock Vic JR heads with no port work, basically out of the box with severe duty valves and PAC springs for my turbo cam. 25 psi boost with MLS gaskets many times with no issues thus far...I'm guessing I'm around 1100 or so fwhp.
Old 10-18-2019, 04:21 AM   #25
Turbostangs90
Launchin

Ive seen a set of AFR225s go 7s on a SBF 351
Old 10-18-2019, 06:03 PM   #26
NONVTEC
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbostangs90 View Post
I have tuned a few on OTB 195's (a few different brands) run in the 7's... It doesn't take much....
Old 10-18-2019, 07:54 PM   #27
buda_racing
Spooled up

Check my sign. Hand ported Brodix Track 1's. That was on C16, I'm switching to M1, 6.9XX coming soon.

Last edited by buda_racing; 10-18-2019 at 07:57 PM.
buda_racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 01:14 AM   #28
63Futura
Pre-Staged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbostangs90 View Post
Same , seen 205s got 7s at 3600lbs on 368ci
63Futura is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement