TS Car Weights - Page 2 - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Top Sportsman/Top Dragster

Top Sportsman/Top Dragster Talk about Top Sportsman and Top Dragster racing with censorship...

Old 11-11-2019, 06:57 PM   #16
mrdragster1970
T/S 368E
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: TS Car Weights

Then I did the math wrong. It's a 7.20's car at best with new engine.

For my babies, we will always remember.
In memory of Chris
Costa, you will never meet a nicer guy. I will never forget your kindness, when I needed it.
mrdragster1970 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2019, 07:19 PM   #17
Jamey1e
Pullin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Ferguson View Post
I was editing my post and had to leave the comp, then it was too late when I got back and it wouldn't let me submit. So...

...At some point the weight has to slow you down, but I think it's laughable to spend thousands on things like titanium window frames, shifter mounts, fuel pump mounts, chute mounts, etc that don't weigh much to begin with. 15lbs isn't going to make you any faster and that stuff wouldn't save you near 15.

This is just my opinion. I'm sure 80lbs would make a difference for some, but not for me. We weren't extracting every last bit of potential out of the car either doing shoe polish racing. It'd probably be easier to see a difference when running heads up stuff where you get to try to improve the car every pass you make.
I appreciate the incite Dan. On a side note what are you up to racing wise these days?
Jamey1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 10:20 PM   #18
Dan Ferguson
Spooled up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamey1e View Post
I appreciate the incite Dan. On a side note what are you up to racing wise these days?
Any time. Not up to much with racing. We just got my girlfriend's TD car done in time to hit the track twice before the end of the season. I built her an aluminum 665 and was busy with that for a little while. We only got to put six passes the car on it but running good so far. Have a small to-do list on it for over the winter.

The Firebird hasn't been worked on really since fall/winter of 2017. I was spending time getting my ducks in a row and saving money to move to SC and got moved January 31st of this year. Working on getting life in order here now. I have another car and have most of what I need to get a ride back together, but need time to work on it and money to operate it. I'm a one man show auto repair shop now and need to get some help and grow it. Hoping to be able to work on my race car sometime in mid or late spring. Really not feeling any rush to get it done at this time. Maybe finish it for 2021.

I enjoyed working for Jim Bell and some other guys since I quit racing, but unfortunately I just can't be gone that much anymore. If I stayed on that path, that's probably all I'd ever be is a crew guy for people. But I still want to get back out and race sometime. It's going to be a lot different with a few of my closest racing friends being gone at this point. For that reason and others my enthusiasm comes and goes.

What's been going on with you?
Old 11-11-2019, 11:10 PM   #19
Mitch H
Off the stands for 2018!
Smoked Another SBC

My '37 Coupe ready to roll into the beams, minus my weight is 2275 with the iron block 638, two kits, and a single loaded 10# bottle.

All aluminum 665 was 106# lighter....
Old 11-12-2019, 05:30 PM   #20
Jamey1e
Pullin gears

Quote:
Any time. Not up to much with racing. We just got my girlfriend's TD car done in time to hit the track twice before the end of the season. I built her an aluminum 665 and was busy with that for a little while. We only got to put six passes the car on it but running good so far. Have a small to-do list on it for over the winter.

The Firebird hasn't been worked on really since fall/winter of 2017. I was spending time getting my ducks in a row and saving money to move to SC and got moved January 31st of this year. Working on getting life in order here now. I have another car and have most of what I need to get a ride back together, but need time to work on it and money to operate it. I'm a one man show auto repair shop now and need to get some help and grow it. Hoping to be able to work on my race car sometime in mid or late spring. Really not feeling any rush to get it done at this time. Maybe finish it for 2021.

I enjoyed working for Jim Bell and some other guys since I quit racing, but unfortunately I just can't be gone that much anymore. If I stayed on that path, that's probably all I'd ever be is a crew guy for people. But I still want to get back out and race sometime. It's going to be a lot different with a few of my closest racing friends being gone at this point. For that reason and others my enthusiasm comes and goes.

What's been going on with you?
I really haven't done much of anything racing related since beginning of the year. I sold my truck and started looking for a car. However between not being much out there and the sticker shock of some of these newer cars I just kind of lost my motivation. I'm sure though when spring rolls around and everyone is getting ready the fire will light again, LOL.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:36 AM   #21
Scott Wasko
Pullin gears

I race the car at 2475...2280 without driver with 90lbs of ballast and a regular battery. 5" bs motor, alum block, glide, etc, etc.
Scott Wasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 10:52 AM   #22
Dan Ferguson
Spooled up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamey1e View Post
I really haven't done much of anything racing related since beginning of the year. I sold my truck and started looking for a car. However between not being much out there and the sticker shock of some of these newer cars I just kind of lost my motivation. I'm sure though when spring rolls around and everyone is getting ready the fire will light again, LOL.
Interested in a project car?
Old 11-13-2019, 08:03 PM   #23
Jamey1e
Pullin gears

Quote:
Interested in a project car?
Depends on how big of a project it is!
Old 11-13-2019, 08:22 PM   #24
Dan Ferguson